UPDATED Bruins game in Tampa remains at 7:30 PM Saturday

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I first heard this late last night but Pierre McGuire just confirmed it on CKGM Montreal.

He was supposed to fly to LA for Kings/Sharks on Saturday with Doc doing play by play. Now he has been told to stay in Washington until Friday morning as if the Kings are eliminated tomorrow night, NBC could move the Bruins game to 3 PM on the main network.

Last edited:

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Hopefully we are safely in by then.

Whatever else is true, the schedule this season has been absolutely brutal, and the effing TV contract has been part of that. You have to play a late start tonight for the stupid NBC sports network, then play again tomorrow night in yet another back to back, and then a damn matinee on Saturday. Ludicrous.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
doesnt really matter the Ottawa game will be over so we will know our fate....we could be eliminated before puck drop we could already have a spot clinched who knows

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I'm not a conspiracy theorist - NBC just wants a game that matters, and I'm sure it's in the contract. Even if it's not, it's in the best interest of the league to move the game - if LA is eliminated, who wants to watch two non-tourney teams play?

It's just a combination of bad luck (for TBL because they play the Bruins) and poor prior performance (because BOS didn't clinch) that gives the Bruins the "disadvantage" of having their game moved. It doesn't really upset me that much - football does this on a regular basis. It's part of the price of "growing the sport" - you have to show teams that are actually interested in winning.

Ironically, they could just be trading one unimportant game for another - if Ottawa wins their two games (they play the 12:30 Saturday), and we lose tomorrow, then our last game will be meaningless right from the start.

I do agree that this back-to-back has been annoying due to the late start. The Bruins are scheduled to land at 2:47 this morning!! At least they start at 7:30 instead of 7.

ByeByeBylsma*

Should be illegal to bait and switch ticket holders like that. They plan their lives and their schedules around these games and deserve to come first over Bettman's NBC bum buddies.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Should be illegal to bait and switch ticket holders like that. They plan their lives and their schedules around these games and deserve to come first over Bettman's NBC bum buddies.

Every ticket has a little "time and date subject to change and/or cancellation" disclaimer somewhere when you buy the ticket. And like I said, football does it regularly, and hockey has done it before - in fact, the Bs had a game moved this year, but I forget which one off the top of my head. If you're buying tickets to games, you have to at least consider this happening.

Often, if they change the date, they'll often offer refunds. But if it's just a time shift by 3-4 hours forward or backward, it's just bad luck.

Cid

Jan 9, 2007
Canada
No time change unless we've clinched. I have a date at 1.. with a real life girl! :naughty:

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
If the game is irrelevant ,that is we have clinched or are out of the playoffs,I could careless about a time change. If not,I hope it remains as is.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Pierre just said on TSN Montreal that if LA is eliminated tonight NBC will just go with St Louis/Minnesota at 3 PM - Boston game remains at 7:30 PM

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Pierre just said on TSN Montreal that if LA is eliminated tonight NBC will just go with St Louis/Minnesota at 3 PM - Boston game remains at 7:30 PM

That's great news, you always want to know exactly what you need. Knowing could be the difference between making it or not if they have to pull the goalie in OT.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad