TSN: UPDATED 9/15 - TSN will air Habs regional games on TSN2

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Sure hope Dan Roberson and Sergio Momesso are still doing the play by play on 690 next season. In protest to Rogers I put an american feed of games muted on and buffer 690 for play by play.

They are a very objective commentary as to what is going on. Its hard to find teams that are not bias or drone on and complain all game about useless crap that isn't even happening on the ice.

As someone who's listened/watch Dan Robertson for many years when he was covering the Mooseheads I'm very happy to hear that he's doing a great job and that other people are noticing it as well. He's very to the point and intelligent in his discussions. If Rogers was smart they would hire him away to do games. I have no doubt someone will hire him for TV eventually.

cowellj

Sep 14, 2017
Can someone please confirm,
Is Kingston Ontario in the 'eastern Ontario' region for Habs this year on TSN
Like it was for the past few years on SN east

Thanks!

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
Yes that won't change. Kingston is the cutoff for the Habs region, I believe.

I believe it's Belleville, not sure if it's inclusive of Belleville or not. Belleville up to Petawawa is the border between the East (Sens and Habs) and Ontario (Leafs).

neil2005

May 2, 2012
I might stick to RDS. TSN just announced the broadcast teams for the upcoming season, and we get the short end of the straw again.

Montreal Canadiens
TSN’s package of newly acquired Montreal Canadiens games is led by the HABS ON TSN broadcast team of hosts Tessa Bonhomme, an Olympic gold medallist and two-time IIHF World Champion, alongside veteran broadcaster Glenn Schiller, with play-by-play announcer John Bartlett, reporter John Lu and analysis from Dave Poulin, Mike Johnson, and Craig Button.
As the team’s official English-language radio broadcaster, TSN 690 in Montreal provides live coverage of all pre-season, regular season, and playoff games, featuring play-by-play announcer Dan Robertson and commentator Sergio Momesso. TSN 690 also has pre-game, intermission, and post-game coverage for all games throughout the season. Fans can continue to turn to the station for extensive Habs discussion throughout the day as well as industry-leading analysis from TSN Hockey Insiders, with contributions from Pierre McGuire, Ray Ferraro, and more.
Toronto Maple Leafs
TSN’s Leafs broadcasts are led by the all-star TSN Hockey panel, featuring host James Duthie and Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie alongside analysts Jeff O’Neill and Dave Poulin. MOLSON CANADIAN LEAFS HOCKEY ON TSN coverage features the network’s award-winning broadcast team of play-by-play announcers Chris Cuthbert and Gord Miller alongside analysts Ray Ferraro and Jamie McLennan.
As the team’s official radio broadcaster, TSN Radio 1050 in Toronto delivers live coverage of Maple Leafs games throughout the season, led by play-by-play announcer Joe Bowen and analyst Jim Ralph, plus pre-game, intermission, and post-game coverage with hosts Jim Tatti and Greg Gilbert. TSN 1050 Leafs reporter Kristen Shilton follows the Leafs all season, delivering daily updates for TSN 1050 and TSN Digital platforms.
Additionally, with host Andi Petrillo and a roster of co-hosts including Mike Johnson, Poulin, Dreger, Miller, and Gilbert, the fan-favourite LEAFS LUNCH returns weekdays from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. ET. Fans can also tune in to OVERDRIVE WITH HAYES, NOODLES AND THE O’DOG weekdays from 4 – 7 p.m. ET, with hosts Bryan Hayes, Jamie McLennan, and Jeff O’Neill tackling the NHL from an informative and humorous perspective.
Ottawa Senators
TSN’s package of Sens games is led by TSN Hockey’s panel of host James Duthieand Hockey Insiders Darren Dreger and Bob McKenzie, alongside analysts Craig Button, Dave Poulin, Mike Johnson, and Aaron Ward. CANADIAN TIRE SENATORS HOCKEY ON TSN features award-winning play-by-play announcers Gord Miller and Chris Cuthbert with analysts Ray Ferraro and Jamie McLennan and Mike Johnson.
As the team’s official radio broadcaster, TSN Radio 1200 in Ottawa has live coverage of every Sens games, featuring play-by-play announcer Dean Brown and analyst Gord Wilson. TSN 1200 also features pre-game, intermission, and post-game coverage with TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie, hosts Ian Mendes and Lee Versage, and analysts Todd White, Shawn Simpson, Brendan Bell, Brad Smyth, and Chris Stevenson. Fans can also turn to the station for extensive Sens talk throughout the day, including TGOR in the morning with John Rodenburg and Steve Warne; IN THE BOX with Steve Lloyd and Todd White; and THE DRIVE in the afternoon with Ian Mendes and Shawn Simpson.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
I might stick to RDS. TSN just announced the broadcast teams for the upcoming season, and we get the short end of the straw again.

Montreal Canadiens
TSN’s package of newly acquired Montreal Canadiens games is led by the HABS ON TSN broadcast team of hosts Tessa Bonhomme, an Olympic gold medallist and two-time IIHF World Champion, alongside veteran broadcaster Glenn Schiller, with play-by-play announcer John Bartlett, reporter John Lu and analysis from Dave Poulin, Mike Johnson, and Craig Button.
As the team’s official English-language radio broadcaster, TSN 690 in Montreal provides live coverage of all pre-season, regular season, and playoff games, featuring play-by-play announcer Dan Robertson and commentator Sergio Momesso. TSN 690 also has pre-game, intermission, and post-game coverage for all games throughout the season. Fans can continue to turn to the station for extensive Habs discussion throughout the day as well as industry-leading analysis from TSN Hockey Insiders, with contributions from Pierre McGuire, Ray Ferraro, and more.
Toronto Maple Leafs
TSN’s Leafs broadcasts are led by the all-star TSN Hockey panel, featuring host James Duthie and Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie alongside analysts Jeff O’Neill and Dave Poulin. MOLSON CANADIAN LEAFS HOCKEY ON TSN coverage features the network’s award-winning broadcast team of play-by-play announcers Chris Cuthbert and Gord Miller alongside analysts Ray Ferraro and Jamie McLennan.
As the team’s official radio broadcaster, TSN Radio 1050 in Toronto delivers live coverage of Maple Leafs games throughout the season, led by play-by-play announcer Joe Bowen and analyst Jim Ralph, plus pre-game, intermission, and post-game coverage with hosts Jim Tatti and Greg Gilbert. TSN 1050 Leafs reporter Kristen Shilton follows the Leafs all season, delivering daily updates for TSN 1050 and TSN Digital platforms.
Additionally, with host Andi Petrillo and a roster of co-hosts including Mike Johnson, Poulin, Dreger, Miller, and Gilbert, the fan-favourite LEAFS LUNCH returns weekdays from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. ET. Fans can also tune in to OVERDRIVE WITH HAYES, NOODLES AND THE O’DOG weekdays from 4 – 7 p.m. ET, with hosts Bryan Hayes, Jamie McLennan, and Jeff O’Neill tackling the NHL from an informative and humorous perspective.
Ottawa Senators
TSN’s package of Sens games is led by TSN Hockey’s panel of host James Duthieand Hockey Insiders Darren Dreger and Bob McKenzie, alongside analysts Craig Button, Dave Poulin, Mike Johnson, and Aaron Ward. CANADIAN TIRE SENATORS HOCKEY ON TSN features award-winning play-by-play announcers Gord Miller and Chris Cuthbert with analysts Ray Ferraro and Jamie McLennan and Mike Johnson.
As the team’s official radio broadcaster, TSN Radio 1200 in Ottawa has live coverage of every Sens games, featuring play-by-play announcer Dean Brown and analyst Gord Wilson. TSN 1200 also features pre-game, intermission, and post-game coverage with TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie, hosts Ian Mendes and Lee Versage, and analysts Todd White, Shawn Simpson, Brendan Bell, Brad Smyth, and Chris Stevenson. Fans can also turn to the station for extensive Sens talk throughout the day, including TGOR in the morning with John Rodenburg and Steve Warne; IN THE BOX with Steve Lloyd and Todd White; and THE DRIVE in the afternoon with Ian Mendes and Shawn Simpson.

God dammitt :rant:

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Bartlett? Really? :facepalm:

12N4s.gif

23opJ.gi

Z4YOy.gif

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
It's not a matter of cost, I just want to know I can watch every Habs & Rockets games this year. Please anyone that has this figured for Vancouver Islanders, I have a serious Habs addiction, that includes all Pre-season games & anything Habs?:help::help::help:

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Don't want a grown man crying do We???...:laugh::laugh::laugh:

It don't care what language it's televised, I'm watching not listening, unless it's between periods.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Didn't read the whole thread but does this mean the games won't be blacked out on Gamecenter?

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
who the hell is glenn schiller?

I think he's the guy that hosts That's Hockey when it's not Gino Reda. He's your run in the mill anchor.

My excitement for tsn taking over has pretty much vanished with that lineup. Bartlett is okay but I really wanted at least one of Cuthbert, Miller, and Ferraro. I'm still not clear as to who the colour guy will be. They mention who the analysts are (button, Johnson, poulin), but nobody is specifically designated to colour. My guess would be Johnson since he seems to be the most exposed to that role out of that lot.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Didn't read the whole thread but does this mean the games won't be blacked out on Gamecenter?

I see no reason why games will not continue to be blacked out outside of Quebec, eastern Ontario, and Atlantic Canada.

The regional carrier has changed, not the blackout rules.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I see no reason why games will not continue to be blacked out outside of Quebec, eastern Ontario, and Atlantic Canada.

Montreal will have the same footprint that Ottawa had with TSN5

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Makes sense that Bartlett went back to TSN considering his roots. I don't mind him but I'm very disappointed that we aren't getting any of the top guys like Miller calling Habs games. That is what I was mainly excited for. At least TSN production won't be cheap like Sportsnet. If they get Mike Johnson to do color I'll be pleased.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010

Actually, I'm in Atlantic Canada and couldn't watch most weekday games on Gamecenter last year because, well, Rogers wanted us to also pay for cable. I figured since it's not Rogers SNE showing the games anymore that it might change things. I was hoping anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad