TSN: UPDATED 9/15 - TSN will air Habs regional games on TSN2

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Having Johnson back is nice but I will likely watch the RDS broadcasts anyway.

Oh, for sure. I'll always watch RDS unless they have technical difficulties which happen once or twice a season for a period or so.

Pierre Houde and Marc Denis are the best guys around in any language.

Tim Raines

Oct 26, 2015
Do we know if there will still be a Habs only choice for NHL Centre Ice? I had to stream a lot of games last year and I don't feel like doing it again.

Edit: Yes, just looked it up.

There is? Sweet. I remember trying to get a straight answer from Rogers last year and it was like asking a toddler to explain War and Peace.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Do we know if there will still be a Habs only choice for NHL Centre Ice? I had to stream a lot of games last year and I don't feel like doing it again.

Edit: Yes, just looked it up.

It depends on your provider. For instance, I believe Bell and Rogers provide it but Telus does not.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
If this is the case, can't you just watch the game with the volume muted and your eyeballs stabbed with forks? I equate that to listening to a Bartlett call...

:handclap::handclap: Truth, Bartlett was brutal along with good buddy jason York and lets not forget Paul Romanuk and Gary Galley, garbage all of them.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
:handclap::handclap: Truth, Bartlett was brutal along with good buddy jason York and lets not forget Paul Romanuk and Gary Galley, garbage all of them.

Please no Bartlett,please!Romanuk is alright as long as Habs don't play TO,then its a brown-noser fest,as is the case with many of them.York was just happy to cater to whomever they told him to.

MtlBoxFan

Jun 19, 2014
Please no Bartlett,please!Romanuk is alright as long as Habs don't play TO,then its a brown-noser fest,as is the case with many of them.York was just happy to cater to whomever they told him to.

Bartlett interviewing players: "So uh.....um...you like Pokemon go? ummm? uhh cuz um"
Bartlett calling the Canadiens' 20000th goal: "Gionta to Camalerri in front...backa bika backa bika backa backa GOALScores!!!"

Retire.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I will be happy to have Marc Denis back but Pierre Houde should retire. He can't follow the play most if the times and often needs 3-4 replays to know what is going on.

MtlBoxFan

Jun 19, 2014
I will be happy to have Marc Denis back but Pierre Houde should retire. He can't follow the play most if the times and often needs 3-4 replays to know what is going on.
Wow, goes from best in the business to time to retire. Let him decline some so we can treasure him a bit longer...not to mention Denis is color, you still need play by play.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
I thought bartlett was fine and getting better, actually. I think romanuk was decent as well, but it seems like he tries to be Danny gallivan sometimes rather than himself.

However, if this move means more miller, Cuthbert, and Ferraro (who I think is the best color man in the business), I'm all for it.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I thought bartlett was fine and getting better, actually. I think romanuk was decent as well, but it seems like he tries to be Danny gallivan sometimes rather than himself.

However, if this move means more miller, Cuthbert, and Ferraro (who I think is the best color man in the business), I'm all for it.

I feel the same way, excellent feel for the game and thoughtful analysis, a treat to listen to.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I honestly liked SN's regional intermission coverage of the Habs last season. I thought they came a long way from when the regional deal came in. However I am very excited for this deal because of two main factors:

1) Production quality: TSN has much better production quality
2) Play by Play: With all do respect to Bartlett who I like, to get Gord Miller and Chris Cuthbert is huge. I don't pay too much attention to pre game and intermission shows, so play by play is very important to my viewing experience and to get two of the best guys in the business is fantastic.

Just look at the two different goal calls between Miller and Romanuk, it is quite noticeable

Those vids are hurting my soul. No more Radu. :(

But happy that the Habs are back on TSN. :)

Evil Ted

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Sure hope Dan Roberson and Sergio Momesso are still doing the play by play on 690 next season. In protest to Rogers I put an american feed of games muted on and buffer 690 for play by play.

They are a very objective commentary as to what is going on. Its hard to find teams that are not bias or drone on and complain all game about useless crap that isn't even happening on the ice.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Sure hope Dan Roberson and Sergio Momesso are still doing the play by play on 690 next season. In protest to Rogers I put an american feed of games muted on and buffer 690 for play by play.

They are a very objective commentary as to what is going on. Its hard to find teams that are not bias or drone on and complain all game about useless crap that isn't even happening on the ice.

Yes, Robertson and Momesso will be the TSN690 commentary team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->