Boston Bruins UPDATED 6/21 Bruins schedule released - single game tickets on sale 6/22

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
The stretch run is not as bad as last year but still pretty heavy.

In the first 145 Days of the season - about 75% of available dates

They play 62 games or about 78% of their schedule

In the last 40 Days of the season - 22% of available dates

They play 20 games or about 25% of their schedule

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
feels odd saying this but I`ll be hitting the October 20th game in Vancouver as we are moving to Victoria BC in August. Just sent the Father In Law the details, he`s looking after tickets for us to go

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I assume Rogers pressures the NHL to have a Canadian team play in the afternoon on Canadian Thanksgiving.

The other problem is that the Garden is booked solid in early October. Our first two games are literally the only two possible first two home games. It would push our home opener to over a week into the season, which isn't optimal, I suppose.

But Fenway's right - switching home ice for 10/8 and 10/23 wouldn't be tough. Canadian Tire Centre and TD Garden are both free on both days, assuming the NBA doesn't want to schedule the Celtics on 10/23.

C's are easier to move around....

Top Shelf Wrister

Jan 16, 2017
It’s not a widely recognized holiday. You want to have a game that day, fine, but the home opener is a marquis game and this eliminates the ability for a lot of people to go. Do I want to take a day off for a meaningless game in October?
In the same breath you call the home opener a marquee game and a meaningless game. Im confused :huh:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Already decided on our "away" games. I wanted to do Western Canada but it falls at QTR end where I work so can't do it
So it will be Florida (2 games) in Dec with a trip to Harry Potter Land after.

Reactions: caz16

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
In the same breath you call the home opener a marquee game and a meaningless game. Im confused :huh:

Then you're being purposely obtuse.

It's not a game in which the outcome matters more than any other regular season game, but it's an event. Similar to Black Friday.

Bruins Bhoy

Feb 7, 2010
Loughborough, England
Could anyone help with the best (cheapest if possible) place to buy tickets? Or are they the same price everywhere? Specifically, has anyone who has bought from outside of the US got any advice?

Sorry for the questions as we are like fish out of water here! Any advice would be appreciated.

High five Tom

Nov 11, 2012
Going to the game in Calgary on the 17th and just bought tickets for the game Oct 25th vs Philly. Now i just need to find a place to stay....

Reactions: Ladyfan

High five Tom

Nov 11, 2012
Could anyone help with the best (cheapest if possible) place to buy tickets? Or are they the same price everywhere? Specifically, has anyone who has bought from outside of the US got any advice?

Sorry for the questions as we are like fish out of water here! Any advice would be appreciated.
Ticketmaster probably. You avoid many of the service charges stubhub etc. charge you.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch

They are absolutely not the same price everywhere. Here are sources I've personally used over the past years:

Ticketmaster "blue dots": These are primary sale tickets, "fresh", never been sold by the Bruins to anyone. All the same price at the same time. They sometimes do activate "dynamic pricing", meaning they pump ticket prices up or down as the market dictates, but they tend to do it in large swaths, so that, for example, all the seats in the center balcony rows 10-15 go up/down at the same time. And it doesn't happen on a daily basis, typically. There's basically 0% risk that your ticket is fraudulent - you can go down and get help at the box office with your ticket when you get there if necessary, and they probably can help you out if something goes terribly wrong.

Ticketmaster "red recycles"/TicketsNow: These are resale tickets, often from Season Ticket Holders. STHs may be people, or businesses, but you don't deal with them directly. These are official tickets, so once again, no risk to you. They're usually cheaper than the blue dots in similar sections, because the people selling them price the tickets. Sellers usually aren't dumb - they know shoppers buy cheaper tickets, all other things being equal. They can vary wildly in price, usually getting cheaper in the final week, as the STHs start to worry that their ticket won't sell. Pricing is highly dynamic and volatile - individuals will change their prices. Also, right now, STHs don't have access to their tickets yet, so there shouldn't be too many of them out there yet. Not sure when STHs get that access to sell, but I'd guess starting in 5-6 weeks? If STHs are on a payment plan, they only get their first group of tickets released - if I've made 4 payments, I'd have about 40% of my tickets available to transfer/sell. These tickets are also "official" tickets with your name associated with them, so there's no risk with fake tickets or with sellers reneging.

The two sites TicketMaster and TicketsNow are basically the same for the resale tickets. I think TM rounds prices up for the resale. There may be a few tickets on TicketNow that are posted outside the official STH channel. I think the fees on TicketsNow used to be slightly lower (like by 2-3%), but I think Ticketmaster changed that and are now the same as TicketsNow.

For non-US, non-Canada orders, TM will let you either use mobile ticketing (available on iPhone or Android - you can save your tickets to your Wallet on iPhone so you don't incur roaming charges), or you can pick up tickets at Will Call. Both are free. I don't think they do Will Call for US - you have to get it on your phone or have your hard ticket mailed for a fee. Of note, they got rid of PDF/printable tickets last year for - it's either on hard card stock, or it's on your phone as a QR code.

The third option is a virtual mystery box. Last year, the Bruins, along with Experience, have "flash sales" of tickets on the day before the game. Not great for international travelers who want to plan these sorts of things in advance. Follow their twitter when the season starts, and scroll through to see if you can find a picture of a Bruin starting at his cell phone. That will link you to the site. These tickets can be dirt cheap if they offer them - last year, they had tickets for all October and November games except for Black Friday and the Sunday after Black Friday. The balcony tickets varied from $50 (Western conference weekday) to $90 (Toronto weekend), but you don't pick your ticket - you pay, and then at about 4 or 5 PM, they send you your exact seat location. These tickets disappeared in February and March, to reappear at kinda high prices for the playoffs ($125-$175).

Again, this is fairly official, so you should be able to get in with this method.

The resale markets I've used are StubHub and Ace Ticket. They're different. StubHub is basically eBay for tickets - sellers list them, and you buy from them. Their tickets are often mobile - they get a screen capture of the QR code, and I've never personally had a problem getting into the Garden with one of these tickets. Very rarely a seller will reneg - in that case, StubHub says they'll either get you a comparable seat, or get you your money back. I have no idea if StubHub will sell internationally. There is a slight chance in this instance they'll refuse to fill your order and give you your money back, which, as a visitor, would suck...but that's the exception, not the rule.

Ace Ticket is basically a consignment shop. They have "verified sellers" who sell their tickets at the start of the season to Ace, and then Ace sells them to you. They have a physical location right outside the Garden. Their prices don't shift as often as StubHub, but they do shift occasionally. Their fees are the lowest (15% or $4.99, whichever is higher), so don't immediately balk at a higher price.

With StubHub and TicketsNow, in October and November, you're best to wait the week of the game to buy. If you're looking for a game in Feb or March and you see what you think is a very good price, you might pounce.

Reactions: Bruins Bhoy

Bruins Bhoy

Feb 7, 2010
Loughborough, England
Thanks talkinaway, that is great advice and has really helped. We have picked up tickets for the Arizona game on December 11th to ensure that we can get to at least one as they are fairly cheap. I might roll the dice on the Leafs and Sabres games and see what we can get nearer the time. I'll keep on eye on the tickets and hope we can get something reasonable!

Thanks again for taking the time with your post.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad