News Article: UPDATE (suspended until 1/2/20): Blackhawks investigating allegations against Marc Crawford

Cowch

Jan 24, 2019
**** Laz? Haha, no.

I criticize Laz a lot, but Laz is not at fault in any way here. Lehner knowingly talked to Laz on the record, Laz published his comments.

There is absolutely nothing wrong here, and I think you have a fundamental misunderstanding of media if you think something improper happened here.
I owned up but didnt feel it proper to ghost edit my posts. I let my dislike of the guy get in the way of objectivity.

Reactions: d rake

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
**** Laz? Haha, no.

I criticize Laz a lot, but Laz is not at fault in any way here. Lehner knowingly talked to Laz on the record, Laz published his comments.

There is absolutely nothing wrong here, and I think you have a fundamental misunderstanding of media if you think something improper happened here.

Hell, Lehner promoted Laz’s tweet that promoted this interview.
Yeah, Lehner went on Twitter and basically said "make this shit free so everybody can read it".

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Guess that depends on who sees what he says and what they make of it. The current climate of the internet is akin to blowing things up in a negative light. I do, however, see my error in blaming laz.
As a person left of center, if the extremist left decides to paint Lehner a target that’s on the extremist left. Reasonable people can listen to what he said and think well I don’t agree - going both ways. If fringe elements of the internet want to paint a guy who is a huge supporter of mental health - in a sport in desperate need of progressive thought - in a negative light because of those statements, f*** em.

forecheck

May 14, 2007
I’m not saying he would have been an NHLer. I just don’t believe Peters did everything he could to help him. I’m more inclined to believe he was sent to the ECHL at that time because Peters didn’t like him and wanted to get rid of him.

The Player told the Coach " Dont talk to me " - How do you Coach the Player when he wont listen to you... He had to go - sorry bud!

I don't feel sorry for Akim Aliu - he is just looking for a pay day now .

coolhand

Jan 20, 2016
Streamwood, IL
Whiney players saying the coach was mean to them? Who hasn't played for a dick coach? Get over it already. I'm tired of hearing these millionaire crybabies.

Reactions: forecheck

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
man im sick of lehner talking. (ya i know its his right he can say whatever he wants blah blah). Gunna be wearing his trump mask again pretty soon.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Whiney players saying the coach was mean to them? Who hasn't played for a dick coach? Get over it already. I'm tired of hearing these millionaire crybabies.

This is more about a full hockey culture change, especially down to juniors, than it is about millionaires whining.

Change usually doesn't come unless some big names are exposed.

For every Babcock or Peters in the NHL, there are likely dozens like them doing the same or worse to unpaid kids. Those coaches have been put on notice by all this stuff.

LavalPhantom

Sep 12, 2014
As a person left of center, if the extremist left decides to paint Lehner a target that’s on the extremist left. Reasonable people can listen to what he said and think well I don’t agree - going both ways. If fringe elements of the internet want to paint a guy who is a huge supporter of mental health - in a sport in desperate need of progressive thought - in a negative light because of those statements, **** em.
Faxes from Uncle Dale say hi!

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
They said he’s dumb and doesn’t know what he’s talking about. That he’s a ******** who likes to hear the sound of his own voice and a headache that’s not worth it.

They’re just trying to pull people down with them and discrediting someone who is trying to lift people up.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
They’re just trying to pull people down with them and discrediting someone who is trying to lift people up.

I don't get that site. They seem to hate the Blackhawks organization and go above and beyond to re-enforce how they're an awful team made up of awful people but they expect people to pay subscriptions to read about the team they're trying to convince you to hate?

Like what?

And they're all playing at being progressive but they say rude things about women all the time and rude things about people in general. When I still occasionally listened I remeber them calling Barry Smith a ghoul and the cryptkeeper. Like haha the dude is old, that's not in his control. Or calling Dylan Strome 'one of the garbage Stromes' when he joined the team.

Reactions: ColdSteel2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->