Update on goalie equipment changes

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
I find it funny that NHL.com uses a photo comparison of photo from 1980's of Fuhr and a 2010 one of Lundqvist.

I find it funny because in 1980's sticks were mostly wooden and player physical strenght wasn't even close to today standards where sticks have such technology that can clearly be used as murder weapons projecting pucks.

In the 90s (when Skill competition started) the shots were clocked at mid-90 MPH, nowadays they are above 100 mph.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
I find it funny that NHL.com uses a photo comparison of photo from 1980's of Fuhr and a 2010 one of Lundqvist.

I find it funny because in 1980's sticks were mostly wooden and player physical strenght wasn't even close to today standards where sticks have such technology that can clearly be used as murder weapons projecting pucks.

In the 90s (when Skill competition started) the shots were clocked at mid-90 MPH, nowadays they are above 100 mph.

1993 hardest shot winner was 105.2. Last year it was 101. In which only one of the 10 shots taken surpassed 100.

Nino33

Jul 5, 2015
31 Thoughts: Goalies at odds with NHL, each other over new equipment - Sportsnet.ca

Friedman with some comments from the goalie guild on equipment.

Some manufacturers were better prepared than others (and some guys may be wearing unendorsed gear). Some have been speaking out, others not (and should).
I'm not sure what you mean by "others not (and should)" as it seems to me it's saying "others not but are being pressured to" or more accurately "others not, one says he was pressured to"

P.S. The article also says "There are those who feel they don’t need bigger equipment to be successful and aren’t sympathetic to those who do" which I think is as worth noting as some complaining/one pressured to

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad