Player Discussion: The Elvis Thread

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Maybe, maybe not, but he'll get first crack at it.

Any chance Cleveland makes the playoffs, or is it World Championships after this?
According to an interview I posted in the prospects thread, he wasn't sure what he was going to do. It could be possible he goes to the World Championships when the season ends. At the time the interview was done it sounds like he hadn't even sat down with his agent to discuss the options yet.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
According to an interview I posted in the prospects thread, he wasn't sure what he was going to do. It could be possible he goes to the World Championships when the season ends. At the time the interview was done it sounds like he hadn't even sat down with his agent to discuss the options yet.

Right.

I'm a hotshot goalie, with plenty of publicity and accolades. I'm 25 years old and my name has been splashed around in hockey talk all around the world for several years. People talk about my flamboyance. My contract and current season is almost up. "NOTE TO SELF: .....maybe next week I should call my agent so we can talk about what might be my next step."

{/sarcasm}

Just in case anyone is confused, I'm NOT a hotshot goalie. I'm an Old Guy.​

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Just for what its worth, as a 24 year old he can only sign a 1 year deal. If he signs now and burns the entry level deal over 10-12 games with Cleveland, CBJ could then sign him to a multi-year deal this summer if they choose. If they are as high on him as they claim to be I wouldn't be surprised if they gave him a 3 year deal this summer that wasn't bound be entry level contract rules. Especially if he plays well in Cleveland.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

I think it would benefit him to go to the minors unless he’s okay with starting there next year. He can always join the WC team after the AHL season, with Cleveland unlikely to get in.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I think it would benefit him to go to the minors unless he’s okay with starting there next year. He can always join the WC team after the AHL season, with Cleveland unlikely to get in.

That's probably the most likely scenario depending on timing. Getting his work visa will take time. The article I just shared speculated he might be able to make his debut in by the end of March so that basically gives him 2 weeks to play in Cleveland before the end of their season. The tournament doesn't start until May so he'll have some downtime to hang out and potentially experience the playoffs here if we get in and Cleveland doesn't.

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

If he had a plan, it would be in his interest not to put it all out there before the contract is signed. It's all about making your counterparty think you've got a nice fallback option, and that you need to be per$uaded.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I wonder how Elvis likes his mental state being publicly discussed in detail, with the coach feeding the media juicy quotes. I'm told that's a normal thing now.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
I wonder how Elvis likes his mental state being publicly discussed in detail, with the coach feeding the media juicy quotes. I'm told that's a normal thing now.
or who of his D he will fight first? Werenski or Harry? :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->