[UPD] Marchessault apologizes for NSFW Instagram tantrum minutes after losing game 2

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
in a previous post he suggested he harassed him in insta and got blocked. Also by saying he'd take the punch in the face he is also suggesting his willingness to go up to him and harass him.

You sure love to assume things.

mjlee

Feb 25, 2006
I just found it hilarious. He wasn't racist or bigoted or anything other than pissed off and resorting to playground insults. What he should have realised is that, instead of just sensibly blocking the users chirping him, Marchessault now has to deal with too many to count nucks fans joyously flocking to chirp him mercilessly. He's going to have to spend quite some time in the bubble blocking people from his IG account.

Anisimovs AK

Apr 14, 2006
Columbus, OH
I wholeheartedly agree that you shouldn't bring someone's kids into any argument but the purpose of the trolls' comments were to troll him and get him triggered, which they did, very successfully. I don't think anyone in the right mind, even trolls, would shit on anyone's kids for real.
She said "they look like natural born divers, just like their daddy"

Still waiting to see the comment "attacking" or "shitting" on his kids

lawrence

May 19, 2012
He had no other choice but to respond to the time wasters and set them straight. I don't see what the problem is. You can't let things like this go unchecked or it could bleed over to his teammates and then everyones time would be wasted. Great leadership

i can assure you Canuck fans have no issues with him telling other ig users to get breast fed by their moms. (He did say that to another user btw)

BrannigansLaw

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Who gives af. People on Instagram are narcissistic douchebags anyway; he should have just not responded but who cares. This happens on a billion accounts a billion times a day

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
on one hand we have Marchessault telling ppl to suck on their mother, on the other hand we have these players standing up for a greater social good.

Reactions: lawrence

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I mean, I love Marchy. Definitely a passionate guy that cares a lot about his team. But when people ask why he's not a frontrunner to be the Vegas captain, this incident is a better argument than I've ever been able to make. His passion mixes with emotion far too often and this incident, while cringe as f*** to see happen as a Vegas fan, did not surprise me in the slightest. I'm glad he apologized for it after either getting some clarity or being told to, but again, this didn't surprise me one bit.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I mean, I love Marchy. Definitely a passionate guy that cares a lot about his team. But when people ask why he's not a frontrunner to be the Vegas captain, this incident is a better argument than I've ever been able to make. His passion mixes with emotion far too often and this incident, while cringe as f*** to see happen as a Vegas fan, did not surprise me in the slightest. I'm glad he apologized for it after either getting some clarity or being told to, but again, this didn't surprise me one bit.

Your reasons for loving "Marchy" is the same reason for Canuck fans loving Burrows back in the day. Keeping in mind Burrows never have dives as obvious or got into fights with trolls on social media, but yea, I can see why you guys appreciate a player like him.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
The Knights have always been so milquetoast to me. Nothing to hate, even Reaves I can say "I'd love him on my team!" But this gives me something besides the refs to cheer against.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Please take him. He has recently taken a drastic paycut: only 3,500,000 USD/2 years, as a winger who averages under 6 goals/82 games; and, how can you put a price on those social justice intangibles?

Only if you take Eriksson. He's a steal at 5 million in salary, across two years even!

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
No doubt Marchessault will be taking more shots than usual next game and he shoots more than anyone else on VGK.

Granted, most of the shots will be low percentage but he will be firing away.

Reactions: insomniac

lottster14

Feb 10, 2019
Who gives af. People on Instagram are narcissistic douchebags anyway; he should have just not responded but who cares. This happens on a billion accounts a billion times a day
Yes, Insta and Twitter. 2 cesspits of the internet.. no wait. Of society.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad