Feb 1 vs Ottawa: Hutchinson.
Feb 3 vs Florida: Andersen.
Feb 5 vs Rangers: Andersen.
Feb 7 vs Ducks: Hutchinson.
Feb 8 vs Habs: Andersen.
Feb 11 vs 'zona: Andersen.
Feb 13 vs Dallas: Andersen.
Feb 15 vs Ottawa: Hutch.

No game is a guarantee, but after the all star break were we to win 6 of these 8 our record of 8-2 would be a great start to moving up in the standings. I see Florida and Dallas as our two greatest threats. Given what we see in the following 7 games, I think it's essential we give Freddie some relief so not to gas him. He's going to be vital the rest of the month.

Feb 16 vs Buffalo: Fred.
Feb 18 vs Pitt: Fred.
Feb 20 vs Pitt: Fred.
Feb 22 vs Car: Fred.
Feb 25 vs TB: Fred.
Feb 27 vs Florida: Fred.
Feb 29 vs Van: Fred.

If we can go 4-3 in this segment of games a 12-5 post break would be very helpful.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
You start Andersen against Ottawa he doesn't need a break he's played 7 periods in 2 weeks, and one of those was the all stsr game that doesn't count.

So 2 games in 2 weeks he doesn't need a break.

He should play until February 7th against the Ducks and then MAYBE you go with Hutch but hopefully by then Dubas will have done his job and gotten a REAL backup

Until then Andersen should play

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
We need to make up ground this month. Florida plays 10 of their next 14 on the road and had 3 road games headed into the break.

Play Freddie every game until the back to backs and hopefully we have a new backup by then.

Need to make a charge here.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Op is right .. critical to gain ground in the first half of the month.

No idea why you'd start Hutchinson tomorrow though.
Andersen should be well rested at this point.
As I enjoy my 2nd Fri eve pint amongst the growing number of people wandering about wearing face masks, Thailand still allowing boat loads of tourists from China, my thoughts are twofold: Ottawa being the 5th weakest team RE: scoring, and I want to see where Hutch is. It’s been awhile since he’s played. It could weaken our position in a trade scenario, or help us.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Freddy plays his best when he gets one day rest between games and he's usually lights out in February. Ride him this month and get him in the groove. Not the time to worry about rest IMO, especially with a goalie who doesn't like rest.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
As I enjoy my 2nd Fri eve pint amongst the growing number of people wandering about wearing face masks, Thailand still allowing boat loads of tourists from China, my thoughts are twofold: Ottawa being the 5th weakest team RE: scoring, and I want to see where Hutch is. It’s been awhile since he’s played. It could weaken our position in a trade scenario, or help us.
Hope you're enjoying your time in Thailand, remember Corona goes best with lime.

Personally you know Ottawa is gonna play us hard, I want our best chance to be either tied with Florida or 2 Points ahead of them going into our game on Monday.

I propose that Hutchinson starts against the rangers next week.

Reactions: meefer

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Hope you're enjoying your time in Thailand, remember Corona goes best with lime.

Personally you know Ottawa is gonna play us hard, I want our best chance to be either tied with Florida or 2 Points ahead of them going into our game on Monday.

Live here, it’s all good. I’m basing on our goal differential. I think we can out score Ottawa, regardless of how Hutch might play, but want to have a current gauge of his game readiness. I’m hoping it provides a better platform for an upgrade if that’s the managements goal.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

No, because after that is a back to back if he MUST play and he really shouldn't.............. EVER then give him the ducks.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Stick with Freddy we need to bag this 7 game heater right now. It gives us some breathing room. Freddy is well rested right now.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Stick with Freddy we need to bag this 7 game heater right now. It gives us some breathing room. Freddy is well rested right now.

Fred has played 41 to date. I don't know how the team is considering a max usage, but I'd guess that no more than 60 would be consistent with where they'd be comfortable. Of the 31 remaining games that suggests the back up plays 11 games from here to the end of the season. Things, of course, may change. That said, whoever is our backup needs to be engaged at least to a certain degree if we believe that a primary goaltender needs some rest. I tried to look at the quality of scoring abilities from our opponents and pick the games where Hutch (or his replacement) has a chance based on. our scoring ability vs the opposing team's scoring ability. March, while not filled with B2B's isn't an easy month. We should consider all options and I'm trying to fit Hutch into the games where his weaknesses are less exposed.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Maybe three starts for Hutchinson in February? Definitely the back-to-back scenarios (Anaheim - if the preference is out of conference? Later, Ottawa (the second game against them in the month). Finally, Vancouver, just to break up a potentially lengthy string of consecutive starts for Andersen.

Looks like Keefe disagrees with me! ;) Hutchinson is starting the first Ottawa game (tomorrow night).
Good call there, meefer!

Last edited:

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Maybe three starts for Hutchinson in February? Definitely the back-to-back scenarios (Anaheim - if the preference is out of conference? Later, Ottawa (the second game against them in the month). Finally, Vancouver, just to break up a potentially lengthy string of consecutive starts for Andersen.

Looks like Keefe disagrees with me! ;) Hutchinson is starting the first Ottawa game (tomorrow night).
Good call there, meefer!

Thanks @Buds17 . Every once and awhile a blind squirrel finds a nut.

Reactions: Buds17

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad