Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
It's happening here in mere minutes, rain or shine

stanley-cup-monument.jpg

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I think it looks pretty neat.

Which basically means it looks great given what passes for modern art etc. these days.

Reactions: Cosmix

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
I suppose it looks fine, although I don't really see Stanley Cup looking at it.

Pretty defining characteristic of the cup is the ridges that all move in the same direction around the cup with varying lengths.
While the monument has two beginning points and stretch in opposite directions from the points.

But compared to the crap we normally get as modern art nowadays, this is definitely a win.

/edit/ maybe im in a bad monday morning mood, but I also find it quite disrespectful that Trudeau wore a Habs jersey for his photo op, at the monument in Ottawa.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
Why does the grey part on the ground not line up with the white that seems to represent the ice surface? And why are there random black dots on the white?

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Why does the grey part on the ground not line up with the white that seems to represent the ice surface? And why are there random black dots on the white?
Black dots are 39 pucks, one for each team that won a Stanley Cup.
Grey part on the ground is for blind people so they don't hit their head walking up to the monument. Designers clearly didn't think it through and the city made them half-ass it like that after the fact. At least it's not bright yellow lol.

Reactions: ThePriorityDeal

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I suppose it looks fine, although I don't really see Stanley Cup looking at it.

Pretty defining characteristic of the cup is the ridges that all move in the same direction around the cup with varying lengths.
While the monument has two beginning points and stretch in opposite directions from the points.

But compared to the crap we normally get as modern art nowadays, this is definitely a win.

/edit/ maybe im in a bad monday morning mood, but I also find it quite disrespectful that Trudeau wore a Habs jersey for his photo op, at the monument in Ottawa.

Hah, this sums up fandom in Ottawa. The PM, who was born in Ottawa, doesn't even cheer for the home team.

Reactions: aragorn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad