Maclaren - jvr - orr
Devane - kadri - broll

phanuef - franson
Fraser - gardiner
Macwilliams - granberg

Annndddd drop the gloves !

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Green line. That would be rather unusual compared to the conventional red, blue and goal lines :)

Jvr-McClement-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Kulemin
Raymond-Bozak-Clarkson
Ashton-Smithson-Orr

Gardiner-Phaneuf
Gunnerson-Franson
Rielly-Fraser

Reinier
Bermer

when Bozak comes back but Bolland is still out ;)

mikebel111*

And we'd still beat the Sabres :handclap:

hmm, a kadri and rielly pairing looks good. even though it won't happen.

anyways. Have you guys seen the chemistry that rielly and kadri have with each other? just small and simple passes, but it works greatly with them.

Patience

Sep 8, 2013
Taking the question completely seriously, I'd like to see occasionally two high skill guys like Kessel and Kadri take a shift with one of the tough guys especially against teams like Boston. It puts other thoughts into the brains of the opposition's defenders.

WestCoastLeafs

I beleaf
Jun 10, 2013
A Kulemin - Kadri - Kessel line may actually be pretty good. Two very skilled guys who can snipe and make plays and a grinder/defensively responsible guy with a big body and not exactly a slouch offensively. Unfortunately, it would be known as the KKK line which would be offensive in a negative way.

We could just nickname them The Offensive Line and be done with it :sarcasm:

WestCoastLeafs

I beleaf
Jun 10, 2013
Well, since we're allowed to do whatever we want:

Kadri - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - New Centre - Clarkson
JVR - Bolland - Raymond

Kulemin+ for new centre.
Kadri to the wing to play with Kessel.
2nd and 3rd lines - both are scoring/shutdown lines.

Northernguy10

May 26, 2013
Timmins Ontario
I'd love to see Lupul at #1 center. I think he has the overall game, if given to him, to excel at that position.

Also think the big four offensive players (Lupul Kessel JVR Kadri) need to be split into pairs.

Raymond-Lupul-Kessel
JVR-Kadri-Kulemin
Leivo-Bolland-Clarkson
McClement-Bozak-Orr

Phaneuf-Gunnarson
Franson-Gardiner
Fraser-Reilly

Bernier
Reimer

Let McClement/Bozo fill in for Kadri on defensive zone faceoffs, if need be.

Funny you mention Lupul at center. I was going to mention on another thread that he would be a better option there than JVR. He seems to have the attributes of a center and , to me, is worth a shot before exploring the trade route where we'd probably get fleeced by a team knowing we are in dire need. If that doesn't work, or maybe in addition to Lupul, I'd give Abbot a real shot at the position. I have a soft spot for underdogs and undersized players and he does have skill. Give him two decent line mates and let him roll for several games with a reasonable amount of ice time. As for unusual lines stick Abbot between Kessel and JVR. I'm tired of status quo and safe choices. Roll the dice...take a chance..live a little!...lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad