Post-Game Talk (GBU): Untitled

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I want Housley fired too but we should at least acknowledge that he was a pretty hot commodity when we signed him. I don't think hiring him in the first place was necessarily a bad call.

Only a hot commodity based on perception. Which apparently Buffalo fell for hard. He was an assistant coach that rode the wave of deciding which pairings of probably the best Dcorp in the league. Add in his Hall of Fame career, and Buffalo’s need to fix their defense, and they found their “defense whisperer”

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
I was so pissed watching Hellebucyk give up juicy rebound after juicy rebound with no in-game adjustment to capitalize on that weakness. We should have won this game 7-2.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
I want Housley fired too but we should at least acknowledge that he was a pretty hot commodity when we signed him. I don't think hiring him in the first place was necessarily a bad call.

It wasnt a bad idea to give him a shot, it was bad to sit back and watch him make bad decision after bad decision with no emotional investment and not do something. Hiring a first time head coach is fine, doing so on a young rebuilding team learning how to win, not so much. They needed structure and accountability, a year and a half later and they still need those things, housley brings neither and has done nothing to show he will ever bring them.

Dahlin is our best defenseman at 18 years old, he made a bad mistake that lost us the game, last game he stayed out way to long in OT to try and score rather then getting fresh legs on the ice, sit him in the press box next game. At least then we know you're teaching the kids. Continuing to allow guys to have no accountability will also teach them losing is ok.

Intermission

Jan 17, 2016
Western NY
2-2-1 on the home stand. Not gonna get it done.

They needed a goal. They have gotten late goals before.

What is this team? The good teams score big goals from time to time in these spots.

It would be bummer if Buffalo were to keep sliding.

They're playing like these are big games. The wins will come.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
was thinking the same thing when watching...even though we played them well Winnipeg is a wayyy better team.
They certainly didn’t look it.

And I didn’t think we played as amazingly as everyone else seems to think.

Winnipeg looked f***ing brutal.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
RJ referring to Zo’s son as his daughter was the most OneBuff thing in the world.

What a f***ing embarrassment that was. Cringeworthy to the Nth - how do you not ensure that that’s avoided???

We are such a disaster across the entire professional sports spectrum sometimes.

Reactions: Willgamesh

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
I wouldn't say that I want to trade Risto. But somebody needs to reprogram him. His first 4 years in the league, it was enough, good, even, to just flip the puck out without a care in the world.

But willingly tossing possession away should no longer be acceptable, especially when Mark Scheifele is on the ice. He needs to work this out of his game. He's a passable passer when he chooses to do that, but far too often he doesn't even take a second to see if he's got teammates available, and now that Bylsma is gone, they usually are.

It's extremely frustrating to watch. He'll have tons of time and space and just glide slowly toward the wall not sure what to do, ridding himself of all that time and space, trapping himself against the wall. By then he gives himself no option but to throw it off the wall.

He needs every habit in his brain completely flipped and reprogrammed.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
Thanks Phil for wasting the Jack line all night. He matched them up against the Scheifele line and let them get dominated.

Meanwhile our actual checking line (Larsson) dominated the rest of the Jets team.

Reactions: oldgoalie

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
They certainly didn’t look it.

And I didn’t think we played as amazingly as everyone else seems to think.

Winnipeg looked ****ing brutal.

Yeah they were a one line team yesterday. Unfortunately for us, that one line IS their best line and easily outclassed our "#1" by a mile.

our best line was the Larsson line by quite a bit.

Both teams stunk, but Buffalo had more zone time with the puck it seemed.

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
RJ referring to Zo’s son as his daughter was the most OneBuff thing in the world.

What a ****ing embarrassment that was. Cringeworthy to the Nth - how do you not ensure that that’s avoided???

We are such a disaster across the entire professional sports spectrum sometimes.
i loved rj, but i think hes getting there. he was talking about rob rays "big other things" vs the wings.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
It wasnt a bad idea to give him a shot, it was bad to sit back and watch him make bad decision after bad decision with no emotional investment and not do something. Hiring a first time head coach is fine, doing so on a young rebuilding team learning how to win, not so much. They needed structure and accountability, a year and a half later and they still need those things, housley brings neither and has done nothing to show he will ever bring them.

Dahlin is our best defenseman at 18 years old, he made a bad mistake that lost us the game, last game he stayed out way to long in OT to try and score rather then getting fresh legs on the ice, sit him in the press box next game. At least then we know you're teaching the kids. Continuing to allow guys to have no accountability will also teach them losing is ok.
It was on Eichel too, he played quite dumb the last few games.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012

What a ****ing embarrassment that was. Cringeworthy to the Nth - how do you not ensure that that’s avoided???

That was quite harmless compared to the product on the ice.

Reactions: sabremike

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013

It was bad but you can deflect and say the man is going senile and chalk it up to his age.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad