Post-Game Talk (GBU): Untitled

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
They simply must beat both the Islanders and the Rangers.
Housley vs Trotz is a far bigger mismatch than Bambi vs Godzilla so I'm not really liking our chances on Tuesday. And assuming MegaBus doesn't cancel my bus at the last minute I will be there to witness what is likely to be a total debacle live and in person. Yay.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Alternative thread title suggestion: "Cool your jets"

G:
Team played well for the most part. Well enough to win even, just not well enough to beat Hellebyuck. We had chances we didn't bury, and it came back to bite us in the ass.

B:
0 points

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
G: Housley will eventually be fired.
B: He isn’t fired yet.
U: He was hired at all.

If he isnt fired soon we will become the new Edmonton Oilers. Ownership is too infatuated with ex-players, and having people in power that they can control. I have defended the Pegulas in the past, and still am happy that they saved the team, but the way things are happening you can look back and see where it all went wrong like a trail of breadcrumbs.

As soon as the Bill's were in the fold the sabres became an afterthought, and ownership went from focusing on a building a championship team, to focusing on building a sports empire. Too many moving parts, no plan or focus, the need to have people who wont rock the boat and cause problems, too much energy is needed just to maintain order, not enough left over to move forward.

Jumpinjackflash

Dec 9, 2014
Springville ny
Maybe this brings us a step closer to firing Phil, that's the best thing to come out of this game. Also, why even bother pulling the goalie? It seems like everytime we do it kills momentum and bites us in the ass. Leave the goalie in there and play aggressive instead of pulling the goalie and having guys play back to protect the net.
Thats a bit of an overreaction I'd say considering it worked a couple games ago against Carolina and numerous times earlier in the season

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Eichel has been brutal in the d zone

Major reason why Wheeler was open for the GWG, and major reason why Aho had plenty of time in the Carolina game to find Faulk.

He’s been really bad lately in other areas as well. Can’t receive a pass from our guys for some reason.

snoop244

Oct 16, 2010
Major reason why Wheeler was open for the GWG, and major reason why Aho had plenty of time in the Carolina game to find Faulk.

He’s been really bad lately in other areas as well. Can’t receive a pass from our guys for some reason.
Dahlin had Wheeler and then just let him go. Both goals were pretty much his fault.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Housley vs Trotz is a far bigger mismatch than Bambi vs Godzilla so I'm not really liking our chances on Tuesday. And assuming MegaBus doesn't cancel my bus at the last minute I will be there to witness what is likely to be a total debacle live and in person. Yay.
Bambi cooks parts of himself as Godzillas dinner and then tricks him into having potatoes with the steak in hope of Godzilla choking on said potato.*
What other possible positive outcomes are there?

*Completely missing the fact that Godzilla is a carnivore and has a huge mouth.

Reactions: sabremike

sabres4ever

Yes, have some!
Jun 5, 2006
Virginia
1. We should start setting picks often starting next game. If the NHL won't call them, then we need to take advantage of them.

2. I don't want to see Ristolainen on this team any longer going forward. He's just not part of our future.

buffalojedwardo

Jan 3, 2019
Santa Rosa Beach
Im most frustrated that Botts/Phil refuse to ice their best possible team every night.

Maybe didnt matter today, but maybe Smith/Olofsson get a goal that Vlad/Pommer/Okposo never will
Agreed. I hate the cautious approach they're taking! Since our winning streak we haven't exactly had our shit together. When's the last time we've even won a back to back? Bring the youth up already, you owe it to us fans. We've watched enough poorly iced teams.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
I wouldn't say that I want to trade Risto. But somebody needs to reprogram him. His first 4 years in the league, it was enough, good, even, to just flip the puck out without a care in the world.

But willingly tossing possession away should no longer be acceptable, especially when Mark Scheifele is on the ice. He needs to work this out of his game. He's a passable passer when he chooses to do that, but far too often he doesn't even take a second to see if he's got teammates available, and now that Bylsma is gone, they usually are.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
I wouldn't say that I want to trade Risto. But somebody needs to reprogram him. His first 4 years in the league, it was enough, good, even, to just flip the puck out without a care in the world.

But willingly tossing possession away should no longer be acceptable, especially when Mark Scheifele is on the ice. He needs to work this out of his game. He's a passable passer when he chooses to do that, but far too often he doesn't even take a second to see if he's got teammates available, and now that Bylsma is gone, they usually are.
He should be in front of the net on PP2 he is strong on the puck..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad