Until the D gets fixed, this team will continue to flounder.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Forwards do have some responsibility but the D simply isn't good enough even if we have 9 Datsyuks on this team.

Murray needs to fix the d or we have no hope.

MtRundle

We once were warriors.
Apr 29, 2013
Toronto
So are you guys happy with the same D next year? One more year and we can compete with the top teams of the East?

Our D gets way better with Cowen, Ceci, Wiercioch, Gryba playing protected minutes.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
So are you guys happy with the same D next year? One more year and we can compete with the top teams of the East?

Our D gets way better with Cowen, Ceci, Wiercioch, Gryba playing protected minutes.

No, I think many of us realize we need top 4 help, but I'm coming to terms with the notion that help isn't likely to come. So we shall pray to the sweet little baby jesus that the young D's development curve trends upward in a hurry.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon

Not even close. Only Methot and Karlsson are top 4 capable atm imo. I think with the right guy though, at least one of our young guys can be the 2nd guy on the 2nd pairing. If Phillips and Ceci are gonna be tied together, then they need to be our bottom pairing this year or we're going nowhere.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Not even close. Only Methot and Karlsson are top 4 capable atm imo. I think with the right guy though, at least one of our young guys can be the 2nd guy on the 2nd pairing. If Phillips and Ceci are gonna be tied together, then they need to be our bottom pairing this year or we're going nowhere.

Hmmm... I really hope Philly and Ceci aren't going to be a "thing" next season. Ceci should be that 4th guy ainec.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
I'm okay with Methot-Karlsson, as long as we get a LEGIT top 3/4 defenseman on the second pairing. Unfortunately, there aren't many left and the ones that are left... are going to be overpaid.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
xxx/Methot-Karlsson
xxx/Methot-Ceci
Gryba-Wier
Phillips

Trade Boro

Is what I would like to see

I wish Boro had a little bit more NHL talent. He would be such an amazing player if he had just a bit more skill. I don't see him getting through the log jam here, either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad