UNSUNG HEROES (ONE per team remaining)

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Boyle played RHD for us earlier in the year when injuries took their toll, he's played his usual position of center so far in the playoffs, and today he's playing LW if we have lineup correct for the game.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I'll go with Boyle. Honorable mention to Stralman and that's a hard choice to make.

Those are the two, as your opponent in round 1, I would have gone with Boyle as well and did earlier in the thread. I think Stralman was very good, don't get me wrong. I think you're golfing without what Brian Boyle did in that series though. He had a very good series, it might not have always shown up on the scoreboard and people might not have gone on and on about, but I thought he was consistently over-delivering his role on the team, which is what you want out of all players.

But if I was picking your best three players in the series it would be Johnson and Boyle, then one of the D-man Hedman/Coburn/Stralman. I would probably lean towards Hedman by a hair over Stralman, I thought all three were very good though so that gets tough. I really don't think it is all that debatable that Johnson and Boyle were the best forwards though.

Just my take as an opponent, who likely views these players different.

Boyle provided a lot of lift for the team, allows matchup flexibility and was a rock on the PK. To go with his usual face-off work it was a major thorn for Detroit. With less scoring punch it reminded me a lot of how Jordan Staal turned the cup finals in 09'. We just didn't have much of an answer, Boyle shifts seemed to always change momentum and give them a lift. That is about as great as you want a bottom six player to play. I think both he and Glendening were excellent for the duration of the series. One of the better bottom six performances I can remember recently in terms of the consistency, not just a big game or two, factored in all 7 games.

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
Freddy Andersen has be quietly playing well and has absolutely had to with Gibby being hurt.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
When we need a good shift, it's Boyle that's out there. Might not end up in the back of the net, but it always gets us off our heels. Been like that all season - such an awesome player.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
When we need a good shift, it's Boyle that's out there. Might not end up in the back of the net, but it always gets us off our heels. Been like that all season - such an awesome player.

He's great and sorely missed by NYR. Boyle shows up to play in the playoffs.

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
See people saying Ward, Orpik...... for the caps but those are obvious. To me its been Mike green. Dont know if he is finally healthy or what. Flying all over the ice making good passes, shooting a lot more and yes hard to believe but throwing hits.

Yzlamic Preacher*

Boyle for Tampa AINEC. The guy does everything. Honestly the team would be lost without his leadership. He has been arguably the best addition to the Lightning since the beginning of the season.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Hjalmarsson hasn't been great this post-season. I hope he cleans up his act soon, cause we need him.

Kruger is probably the Blackhawks most-valuable unknown guy. But he's always been incredibly valuable, not just in the post-season.

HM: Richards, Vermette, Desjardins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad