Proposal: Unsigned Panarin for Kessel

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I would do it in a heartbeat if Im Pittsburg, Panarin is a much better and smarter hockey player while Piitsburg are in win now mode... Malkin already looks irritated to play with low hockey IQ Phil Kessel...

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
#1 The CBJ would never give the best player in the deal to the pens

#2 Panarin wouldnt sign in Pitts

#3 You arent getting any of our good players... ever

Reactions: CBJFan827

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
That's gonna be a no for me, dawg.

Kessel has looked crappy this year and should be traded next off-season to re-sign Brassard, but there's not a chance in hell you trade him before you have to during the season. His big value is in his playoff play.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
Doubt Panarin signs with Pens, it doesn't even look like he'll sign with the jackets. It seems like he really wants to test free agency and i can't blame him, lot better options for him out there than the Blue Jackets.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Phil Kessel for Artemi Panarin (Panarin not signed) In the next few week. Yay or NAY?

If Panarin would sign an extension at 6.8m - even if only for 3 years, absolutely. But right now Kessel's cost certainty does more for Pittsburgh then Panarin's skill level and ability to play LW.

Last edited:

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
This is flat out impossible as Kessel isn't waiving his modified NTC to go play for Torts.

I also think Columbus would rather eat a bowl of dog vomit than trade Panarin to us.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
I can see why CBJ and PIT might do it, but Kessel?

It took him well over a year to land a permanent slot on the top two lines. Why leave now that he is playing with one of the top, what, three to five best centers in the world? Why leave to go to a divisional opponent that can't beat his current team in the playoffs? Why leave to play for a coach who by all appearances would be predisposed to dislike his approach to the game?

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I can see why CBJ and PIT might do it, but Kessel?

It took him well over a year to land a permanent slot on the top two lines. Why leave now that he is playing with one of the top, what, three to five best centers in the world? Why leave to go to a divisional opponent that can't beat his current team in the playoffs? Why leave to play for a coach who by all appearances would be predisposed to dislike his approach to the game?

There are no permanent winger slots on the Pens and he's losing his spot next to Geno at a rate of knots for what its worth.

The rest of its spot on though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->