Unrestricted Prospects

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by Starsdude, May 25, 2006.

View Users: View Users
  1. Starsdude

Starsdude Registered User

Home Page:
    Which of your prospects go unrestricted? Dan Ellis does for the stars, current #12 prospect. Probably an AHL goalie but a #3 call-up or back-up is a possibility.Are there any speedy wingers or players who did not get a chance worth signing in this group?

2. Lars

Lars Registered User

None
  3. Starsdude

Home Page:
    Different question. Ellis is now stars property and played at Iowa but will be a unrestricted FA for some reason. Tjarnqvist also falls into that category.

4. Patty Ice

Patty Ice Best in the World

Are you sure about that? Giving some insight to Doug Murray and Nolan Schaefer's potential free agent status, Kevin Wey (Stars fans should be familiar with him now :D ) posted this:

Still some mystery surrounding these players. They are all Group VI UFA (25 or over, 3 pro seasons, less than 80 NHL games or less than 25 for goalies) but due to the lockout, they did not have a chance to play in the NHL in the 04-05 season yet their year in the AHL counted towards their potential UFA and played out a year in their respective contracts. Is the NHL now giving teams an exception due to the lockout? All this new talk that they are not UFA has been confusing me since the start of the new year and I suspect we won't know for sure until July 1st.

5. Starsdude

Home Page:
    Heck if I know