Unpopular Opinions: Leafs Edition

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Would the Leafs even consider re-signing Greening? I know this time Dubas is the GM and I'm not sure how much of a say Babcock had, but prior to the 2016-2017 season it was Lamoriello who placed Greening on waivers.

Dubas is apparently a fan of Greening on the Marlies apparently he’s a pretty smart guy and good mentor.

He won’t get a shot at the Leafs but I could see him getting a contract for the Marlies if no other NHL team shows interest

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Gardiner is a very good dman, in fact, Leaf fans that are so easy to dismiss him are fans I really don't take all that seriously.

Look at this guys main partners in the last 5 seasons

2018 zaitsev
2017 Carrick & Zaitsev
2016 Phaneuf & Corrado
2015 Rielly & Holzer (Rielly was a sophomore)
2014 Franson & Ranger

Rielly and Gardiner never had a stabilizing force to help the pairings that they were on in their time here.

The Leafs d-pairings have had some of the worst chemistry ever the last few years, can't stand it.

I know it'll change eventually though.

so his partners are to excuse how he processes the game?
his partners are the reason he had that butterfly net move he did all the time?

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
so his partners are to excuse how he processes the game?
his partners are the reason he had that butterfly net move he did all the time?

Gardiner carries every partner he has and makes them a lot better than what they are.

The point is, he has all the pressure on his pairing, he can never get bailed out by his partner.

That has to wear down on a player.

At the end of the day, Gardiner does a lot more good than he does bad.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Gardiner carries every partner he has and makes them a lot better than what they are.

The point is, he has all the pressure on his pairing, he can never get bailed out by his partner.

That has to wear down on a player.

At the end of the day, Gardiner does a lot more good than he does bad.

okay then.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
Gauthier won't be in contention for 4C, infact he may not even be qualified. Even as a defensive C, failing to hit 20PTS once in 3 consecutive AHL seasons is brutal. He only got a look because he was a first rounder imo.

Marlies C's next year include:
One of Lindholm/Aaltonen
Chris Mueller
Adam Brooks
Colin Greening
Brady Ferguson?

It won't be hard to add another vet C to the stable either.

Wouldn't be mad to see the Leaf's give Brandon Pirri a chance. Similiar skill set to Bozak and he can really score when given the opportunity and should be pretty cheap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad