OT: Unofficial Merchandise, Blogs, & Podcasts - Billy Smith on Spittin' Chiclets

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I figured we could probably use a threat to help keep track of the latest merchandise, blogs, and podcasts relating to the Islanders. It seems like so many are popping up, so if you know of any, please post them here.

I'll try and keep the first post updated.

Blogs & Podcasts:

New York Islanders Schedule, Roster, News, and Rumors | Lighthouse Hockey
Islanders Anxiety - Lighthouse Hockey
The Isles Faithful – The Isles Faithful Podcast
IslesBlog
ISLE SEAT PODCAST
Hockey Night in New York
No Sleep Til Belmont
Island Ice: Newsday's Islanders podcast

Merchandise:

Yes Men Outfitters
NY Bootleg Shirts
HatTrick-Apparel
Isles Lab

Last update 3/12/2021

Last edited:

MetsJetsIsles22

Oct 27, 2013
does anyone know where to take a jersey to remove JT 91 and replace with someone else? i feel like no matter where you go, this would not look great, but wondering if anyone has any success stories

Reactions: Quicklime

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
does anyone know where to take a jersey to remove JT 91 and replace with someone else? i feel like no matter where you go, this would not look great, but wondering if anyone has any success stories

Don't believe anyone will do that. Read on here that a few places people thought might refused to do so. They'd probably change the name, but not the number.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Didn't know where to post this but here's how to get a non bootleg jersey for under $100. First go to shop.NHL and get one of the old Reebok blank jerseys for $50. Then take it to Barclays and for $42.50 get it customized. This is how I got both a Bailey and Barzal jersey.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Didn't know where to post this but here's how to get a non bootleg jersey for under $100. First go to shop.NHL and get one of the old Reebok blank jerseys for $50. Then take it to Barclays and for $42.50 get it customized. This is how I got both a Bailey and Barzal jersey.

As long as it's legal (your suggestion obviously is), we'll allow it in this thread. Thanks for the heads up!

gordie43

Nov 21, 2008
Spittin Chiclets interviewee Brent Sopel a couple of weeks ago. Interesting interview, at about the hour and five minute mark he talks about his time with the isles.

Here is an iTunes link to the interview

Spittin Chiclets by Barstool Sports on Apple Podcasts

He talks about why he got traded, Snow becoming GM, and an assignment given to all players by Wang. Give alittle insight on the crazyness is those early 2000’s isles.

On a side note, anyone read the new isles book We Want Fishsticks? Any more insight than the Fish Sticks book?

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Spittin Chiclets interviewee Brent Sopel a couple of weeks ago. Interesting interview, at about the hour and five minute mark he talks about his time with the isles.

He talks about why he got traded, Snow becoming GM, and an assignment given to all players by Wang. Give alittle insight on the crazyness is those early 2000’s isles.

On a side note, anyone read the new isles book We Want Fishsticks? Any more insight than the Fish Sticks book?

I had listened to that a few weeks ago and it's nuts. I'm hopeful they'll have more ex-islanders on from that time period to give us more insight. The book seems really interesting and is something I want to pick up. Interested in hearing reviews for it.

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
I'm not sure if this is the right thread so the mods please feel free to move. I am cleaning out the house getting ready for a move. I have 2 sets of bobble heads and 1 set of small action figures I am looking to give away for free. I am in Suffolk and looking for someone who can pick the stuff up. Please PM me if interested. IMG_1157.JPG IMG_1157.JPG IMG_1159.JPG

Bexlyspeed

May 21, 2011
Astoria, Queens, N.Y

I'm just about done with it. not much there that islanders fans don't already know. an interview with one of the guys that was working on the fisherman rebrand, but again, nothing amazingly interesting if you know the story already.
it really seems like the author is just attempting to prove that if the isles were a good team at the time the fisherman logo would not be a problem, and he states this again and again .

teknics

@islesblogger/@faithfulisles
Apr 7, 2007
East End
www.theislesfaithful.com
Hey guys and gals!

With 2019 coming up, I am ALWAYS trying to improve the podcast (The Isles Faithful).

I’m open to suggestions or things you’d like to see improve.

The last few episodes I’ve been forced to turn up the noise gate a bit due to some noise on my first floor, but I’ll be making myself a “sound booth” (lol) over the new few weeks to help with this.

I’m working on some more exciting guests as well - I think you’ll enjoy them.

Fire away.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Where do you guys buy your custom jerseys? I feel like just going to the NHL.com shop is getting ripped off. I know when I lived in the states it was easy to find jerseys cheaper, but now i'm out of touch. Haven't bought a jersey in awhile. I want to get Barzal's third jersey. Anybody with experience of good places that ship internationally? Thanks in advance!

Also, if it's a good enough deal I have a US address as well so doesn't necessarily have to be international shipping.

teknics

@islesblogger/@faithfulisles
Apr 7, 2007
East End
www.theislesfaithful.com
Big week ahead on the podcast!

I recorded yesterday to catch up for being silent for too long. Was just too busy.

But this week:

Sean the artist from the MSG commercials joins me.

Jillian Fisher joins me. If you haven’t seen her viral NHL videos search them out. She’s amazing.

Mark Parrish returns.

My wife is literally going to kill me. Send help. :help:

Reactions: PK Cronin

por2gues

Aug 2, 2005
Watching tonight's game against EDM, camera panned the crowd and multiple times I saw a fan with a hoodie that had the 3rd jersey "NY" on the front but had what looked like the inside of the coliseum (4 hanging cup banners) in the silhouette of the "NY". Did anyone else catch it? Looked awesome. Can't find it on any of the websites.

Can anyone help find it?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->