Unofficial 230+ Pages of the CBA [You're Welcome]

Kostolany

Apr 26, 2006
Vienna, AUSTRIA
Lion of the North said:
Saved it as a .doc instead of .rtf, since you can attach .doc files to HF.

Here it is:

Could you send this via PN if possible :bow: , because I am unable to detach it.

Thanks in advance, this document sounds interesting.

kdb209

Jan 26, 2005
kdb209 said:
Bumping up this thread with a humble request to make it a Sticky.

Also to echo the offer I made on the Sharks forum - skk_82, if you show up at the Shark Tank, the beer's on me.

And yet another humble request to the moderators to sticky this thread.

HF2002

Aug 20, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
I skimmed through this thread but didn't see the answer.

Do player bonuses (ie $1 million for getting 50 goals) count towards the team's cap in the current season or the following season?

My initial thinking is that they count towards the following season, but I can also think of reasons why a potential bonus counts toward the current season whether it's achieved or not.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
HF2002 said:
I skimmed through this thread but didn't see the answer.

Do player bonuses (ie $1 million for getting 50 goals) count towards the team's cap in the current season or the following season?

My initial thinking is that they count towards the following season, but I can also think of reasons why a potential bonus counts toward the current season whether it's achieved or not.
Player bonuses are limited to (A) entry-level players and referred to as Exhibit 5 bonuses and specified accordingly, (B) players 35 or older on 1-year contracts, or (C) players who missed a specified number of games the previous year and again, have a 1-year contract.

That said, let's assume John Doe has a contract that has a base salary of $750,000 and allows him to earn up to $750,000 in bonuses. The entire $1.5 million counts against the team's salary cap for the contract year that he signs for (e.g. the current year), and stays in effect until such time as he cannot earn any part of the bonus money. At that point, the amount he cannot earn is released and becomes available.

Then there's a clause that covers exceeding the upper limit due to bonuses; a team can exceed the upper limit by up to 7.5% with the provision that should the team actually end up exceeding the upper limit because of bonuses paid, the team's upper limit for the following season is reduced by the amount of the overage. (Atlanta apparently has this due to bonuses paid to Peter Bondra in '05-06.)

Bottom line: the bonus counts against in the current season; if it ends up causing the team to be over the upper limit at the end of the season, the amount by which the team goes over counts against in the following season.

Jonjmc

Feb 7, 2006
Kostolany said:
I have already tried, but it did not work anymore, therefore I am asking for a new link.

Thanks for your help anyway :handclap:

I just downloaded cba.doc from the link of post#10. Its the link in post #1 that doesnt work anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->