12. Minnesota Wild - Alexandre Picard
13. Buffalo Sabres - Wojtek Wolski
14. Edmonton Oilers - Al Montoya
15. Nashville Predators - Boris Valabik

KingofSpain

Mar 5, 2002
Windsor, ON
Visit site
Nice list, most teams would probably be happy with that outcome.

Although, I don't see Nashville taking Valabik, I think they'll go with a forward like Chipchura. And Edmonton might take defense (M. Green, L. Smid, etc.) at 14, and draft a goalie at 24 or 44.

BrettNYR

Mar 26, 2004
I like it alot. Chicago's pick will be the wildcard, and I agree, the future bust, Tukonen, will be the pick. Chicago could go about 10 different ways, and if they go that way (Tukonen), the draft will probably unfold this way. Great mock, overall. :clap: :thumbu:

Safir*

Could Keenan really pick Radulov? I see Iron Mike selecting Stafford or Thelen instead.

User571

Apr 5, 2004
Between the Pipes
Unknownbutfamous said:
1. Washington Capitals - Alexander Ovechkin
2. Pittsburgh Penguins - Evgeni Malkin
3. Chicago Blackhawks - Lauri Tukonen
4. Columbus Blue Jackets - Cam Barker
5. Phoenix Coyotes - Andrew Ladd
6. New York Rangers - Rotislav Olesz
7. Florida Panthers - Alexander Radulov
8. Carolina Hurricanes - A.J. Thelen
9. Anaheim Mighty Ducks - Drew Stafford
10. Atlanta Thrashers - Robbie Schremp
11. Los Angeles Kings - Marek Schwarz
12. Minnesota Wild - Alexandre Picard
13. Buffalo Sabres - Wojtek Wolski
14. Edmonton Oilers - Al Montoya
15. Nashville Predators - Boris Valabik
Schremp is being torn apart by his mental "issues"-Seriously this guy wont fall to 10th. Hes amazing and no one likes him because hes a hot dog-Kovalchuk was an out of shape hot dog when he got drafted, and still sort of is. That didnt stop him from becoming one of the best players in the NHL in a year. Im sure all those GM's who looked over Syllivan because of his problems are real happy about their decisions. Would you seriously take Steve Bernier over O'Sullivan right now?

BrettNYR

Mar 26, 2004
nurminen31 said:
Schremp is being torn apart by his mental "issues"-Seriously this guy wont fall to 10th. Hes amazing and no one likes him because hes a hot dog-Kovalchuk was an out of shape hot dog when he got drafted, and still sort of is. That didnt stop him from becoming one of the best players in the NHL in a year. Im sure all those GM's who looked over Syllivan because of his problems are real happy about their decisions. Would you seriously take Steve Bernier over O'Sullivan right now?
Yes, I would.

Jon Burke

Broadway Crosby said:
I like it alot. Chicago's pick will be the wildcard, and I agree, the future bust, Tukonen, will be the pick. Chicago could go about 10 different ways, and if they go that way (Tukonen), the draft will probably unfold this way. Great mock, overall. :clap: :thumbu:

Tukonen a bust? Interesting. We'll just have to wait and see, I guess.

BrettNYR

Mar 26, 2004
Nurminen: I think that Bernier has something about him, that you have to have on a team. O'Sullivan, is a guy who could be easily replaced, a highley-skilled 1st/2nd-line Center, while Bernier, a highley skilled 1st/2nd-line power forward, is alot harder to replace, IMO.

Danrik: Tukonen has "BUST" written on his chest, for godsake! He has NO scoring touch, what so ever, and doesn't cash in on oppurtunity's that his coaches give him.

thestonedkoala

I'd go with Korposki...

Ummm a highly skilled 1st line center that has captain ability and has a really good scoring touch isn't easy to replace...

User571

Apr 5, 2004
Between the Pipes
Broadway Crosby said:
Nurminen: I think that Bernier has something about him, that you have to have on a team. O'Sullivan, is a guy who could be easily replaced, a highley-skilled 1st/2nd-line Center, while Bernier, a highley skilled 1st/2nd-line power forward, is alot harder to replace, IMO.

Danrik: Tukonen has "BUST" written on his chest, for godsake! He has NO scoring touch, what so ever, and doesn't cash in on oppurtunity's that his coaches give him.
sry-I should ahve came up with a better guy than Bernier-perhaps Pouliot or a later pick would have been a better option. I dont know much about Bernier and shouldnt have assumed O'Sullivan was better. I was just trying to make a point that O'Sullivan got picked later than a lot of guys who are a level under him because of his "off-ice issues." Schremp was considered the consolation prize for Ovechkin before the year started and I dont think his hot-doggishness should change that. Drafts are so freakin political.

BrettNYR

Mar 26, 2004
nurminen31 said:
sry-I should ahve came up with a better guy than Bernier-perhaps Pouliot or a later pick would have been a better option. I dont know much about Bernier and shouldnt have assumed O'Sullivan was better. I was just trying to make a point that O'Sullivan got picked later than a lot of guys who are a level under him because of his "off-ice issues." Schremp was considered the consolation prize for Ovechkin before the year started and I dont think his hot-doggishness should change that. Drafts are so freakin political.
No problem. It's just my opinion, and I was defending it. I bet that alot of people would rather have O'Sullivan than Bernier. You have your opinion and I have mine, nothing to apoligize about. :)

User571

Apr 5, 2004
Between the Pipes
Broadway Crosby said:
No problem. It's just my opinion, and I was defending it. I bet that alot of people would rather have O'Sullivan than Bernier. You have your opinion and I have mine, nothing to apoligize about. :)
Yeah I was just trying to make the point that O'Sullivan slipped a lot farther than he should have, and I think some GM's wish they would have taken him. I think Bernier was the wrong guy to do it woth. I really dont know if O'Sullivan is better than Bernier cause I havent seen either play, and I shouldnt have used a guy who was arguably better than O'Sullivan to make my point.

BrettNYR

Mar 26, 2004
nurminen31 said:
Yeah I was just trying to make the point that O'Sullivan slipped a lot farther than he should have, and I think some GM's wish they would have taken him. I think Bernier was the wrong guy to do it woth. I really dont know if O'Sullivan is better than Bernier cause I havent seen either play, and I shouldnt have used a guy who was arguably better than O'Sullivan to make my point.
Yeah, I see. I feel like killing Sather for passing on O'Sullivan in the 2nd round! :shakehead

kovalchuk17atl

Apr 22, 2004
As an Atlanta fan, I'd be very happy with that outcome. I'm expecting Schremp to go in the 5-8 range.

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
nurminen31 said:
Schremp is being torn apart by his mental "issues"-Seriously this guy wont fall to 10th. Hes amazing and no one likes him because hes a hot dog-Kovalchuk was an out of shape hot dog when he got drafted, and still sort of is. That didnt stop him from becoming one of the best players in the NHL in a year.

Very poor comparison.

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
Broadway Crosby said:

I didn't see him but his performance before getting injured in the WJC was apparently quite impressive and his performance in the U-18's was also very impressive.

To suggest he has bust written all over him is quite ignorant IMO. You must have seen him a ton to be that confident about writing off a consensus top 10 pick at age 18. WOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->