Equipment: Unknown jaw protector / combo shield

MrSinevich

Jul 14, 2017
Hi!

About a year ago I've seen some pics of mr. Putin playing hockey with a weird jaw protector under his half shield.

Seems like it is less cumbersome than traditional Bauer combo (half shield + mask) and a more breathable than a full face shield like Concept III.The mounting points location is pretty interesting, too.

There was absolutely no info on the internet that I could find about this piece of equipment. The chin cup+strap is definetely from Bauer, but seems like it was added to the jaw protector later, cause there are no such pieces in any Bauer catalog.

Several weeks ago I have seen a guy in my beer league rocking the same exact piece. I asked him where did he get it, he told that his friend brought him one from his trip to Canada. He stated that this protector + half shield is much more comfortable and lighter than a combo or a full cage.

Maybe some of you could provide me some info about it? Manufacturer, product name, price, sizing, etc.

Thanks!
1kFCepY.jpg

RfkCu8a.jpg

Last edited:

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
That's definitely aftermarket/mod. Notice the gap between visor and cage, there's nothing like that you could buy. You'd probably have to make it yourself. Closest thing to that you could buy is this, but I'm sure you already knew that

HYBRIDSHIELD

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
To add to my post above, maybe you could try to remove the fish bowl portion from the cage like in my photo above, and if you can, just put a normal visor on top of it.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I have seen similar elsewhere in video. Usually old/cobbled together.

But this one also hardpoint connects to the side and rear screws. I am thinking it is custom. It is Putin, afterall, I am sure he can commission his own custom gear no problem.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad