Universal Keeper Draft: Your Strategy

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
Hi, I recently join a new league on a site called 'websimhockey', and we are close to start our universal draft. Obviously, this is a very important step into any league, and good drafting will most likely equal success in the future. It's been a long time since I participate in such a draft, so I am curious at to which strategy fantasy league experts likes to use. Obviously, there isn't a single recipe for long term success, but what would be YOUR strategy heading into the draft?

- 24 teams
- Salary Cap Implemented
- Free Agent signing, Type 2 signing, the whole chabang ;)

If you are overly curious (you don't need to be), you can download the players' attribute spreadsheet here:
http://forums.gmgames.org/showthread.php?t=935

You can go into specifics, or you can only give general advice, A few observations:

- I am wrong for having Steven Stamkos #1 on my list, considering his age and Crosby recent health issues?
- Is there a better goaltender to pick than Henrik Lundqvist?
- I would like to draft relatively young, but at what point do you select young players over proven commodity? For example Pavel Datsyuk vs. RHN
- I have the 15th selection, so if anyone wanna go ahead and make a top-15, or a top-10 per position, I would love it.

Any advices or comments would be appreciate!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad