United team of the MHL to tour North America

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Yale wins 5:3, I am not surprised but I expected a different outcome. But heavy travel and 2nd game in two nights against a better team than the Army is not an easy task...Although MHL did outshoot Yale by 8, they got outscored by two

You do realize that Yale sat out their four top players, right? Shows you how serious they took this game. They let freshmen who barely played all year get ice time -- including a guy who hasn't played in two years because of injury.

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
You do realize that Yale sat out their four top players, right? Shows you how serious they took this game. They let freshmen who barely played all year get ice time -- including a guy who hasn't played in two years because of injury.

This shows how good NCAA teams can be because of age factor.

No disrespect but I don't think Yale is too talented. Is anybody on that team even drafted? They do, however, have a roster full of 1988s and 1989s, even have some 1986s.

Russian Selects have some good talent but are mainly 1990s. A typical CHL team is what? 1991, 1992?

Last edited:

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
This shows how good NCAA teams can be because of age factor.

No disrespect but I don't think Yale is too talented. Is anybody on that team even drafted? They do, however, have a roster full of 1988s and 1989s, even have some 1986s.

Russian Selects have some good talent but are mainly 1990s. A typical CHL team is what? 1991, 1992?

to be fair Russian team has some 89s as well, Churlyaev is def. 89. the resto are 90-92

CHL I believe can have 3 20 year olds which would be 90, the rest are 91-92...

SPORTSMANIAC

Nov 15, 2004
Lewiston, Maine
mvn.com
and where'st that? USA?

Empire Junior Hockey League methinks

You are right, but that's the Junior B League. I was referring to the Eastern Junior Hockey League which is a Tier III Junior A league. Alumni include three current USA WJC players Dumoulin, Morin, and Coyle. Its a major pipeline for colleges to especially on the East Coast

Anyways the game I mentioned is apparently canceled.

derbyfan

Nov 23, 2002
Visit site
those are Jr A teams to start with. Secondly CHL teams didn't wanna player, that's second. Initially it was supposed to be USA only tourney, but then they found opponents in Canada.

The all-star teams are Junior B. Here's the link to the website.
http://gojhl.pointstreaksites.com/view/gojhl/gojhl-www-gojhl-ca

Crazy that they are actually splitting up the league and playing conferences against the Russians as well lol. Hope the Wellington game isn't a bloodbath.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad