OT: United States protests / riots

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
This thing has devolved to almost war like levels, so many examples of both sides ramping it up to levels that I have no idea how it will end.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
This thing has devolved to almost war like levels, so many examples of both sides ramping it up to levels that I have no idea how it will end.

100%, I have seen multiple videos of cops do bad things, then I see a ton of videos of the looting and arsonists do stupid stuff, every morning its the same cycle. I saw the LAPD guy say that looters are equally to blame for Georges death as the cops are.... and that makes no sense at all, Twitter is one of the most toxic platforms ever created with all the fake bot accounts just pushing different narratives. It absolutely crazy, Tump tear gasses a protest to clear people out of the street for a photo op.... The 7-11 by my work looted and tourched last night.... Both sides are just hitting a boiling point

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
100%, I have seen multiple videos of cops do bad things, then I see a ton of videos of the looting and arsonists do stupid stuff, every morning its the same cycle. I saw the LAPD guy say that looters are equally to blame for Georges death as the cops are.... and that makes no sense at all, Twitter is one of the most toxic platforms ever created with all the fake bot accounts just pushing different narratives. It absolutely crazy, Tump tear gasses a protest to clear people out of the street for a photo op.... The 7-11 by my work looted and tourched last night.... Both sides are just hitting a boiling point
There was a video of a guy getting a tear gas canister shot at his face.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Aside from change (and I still haven’t heard any tangible suggestions from anyone as to what that would look like, and “total reform of our police” is gobbly-gook (as in, what on earth does that mean and what does it actually look like?) that people have been saying for years), strict curfews that begin before daylight ends is a big key. I think it was the DC mayor that had a curfew begin at 11 pm, which is one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard, and that curfew has been changed to 7 pm with very positive results.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
There was a video of a guy getting a tear gas canister shot at his face.
I saw video where Fedex truck driver run over crowd and one person get stuck in the tires and people screamed to stop, but driver just keep going.

Looks like youtube has deleted it, no wonder.

The following content has been identified by the YouTube community as inappropriate or offensive to some audiences.

Now found it, but it has been cut. That happened in St. Louis. :help:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Aside from change (and I still haven’t heard any tangible suggestions from anyone as to what that would look like, and “total reform of our police” is gobbly-gook (as in, what on earth does that mean and what does it actually look like?) that people have been saying for years), strict curfews that begin before daylight ends is a big key. I think it was the DC mayor that had a curfew begin at 11 pm, which is one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard, and that curfew has been changed to 7 pm with very positive results.
Curfews seem like a slippery slope, especially with how some police are acting. I agree it's a tough situation to handle though, it's not like there is a core individual or group to negotiate with either.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
From my cursory understanding of it, we should revisit “qualified immunity”. It seems to paint with strokes that are too wide.

Reactions: bleedblue1223

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
From my cursory understanding of it, we should revisit “qualified immunity”. It seems to paint with strokes that are too wide.
It's definitely too vague and has led to it being applied in ways that probably weren't intended.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
The Blues/Cardinals joint statement is hysterical. Good way to piss off people on both sides of the issue. Basically says “We stand with the protesters, and also with the organizations against which they’re protesting.” Literally saying nothing would’ve been better.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
The Blues/Cardinals joint statement is hysterical. Good way to piss off people on both sides of the issue. Basically says “We stand with the protesters, and also with the organizations against which they’re protesting.” Literally saying nothing would’ve been better.
It's a milquetoast response, but probably how a good portion feel. There are clearly good and bad actors on both sides. I saw the Chief of Police in O'Fallon walking arm in arm with protesters. Blues/Cards should've highlighted that as a positive in the local community.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Interesting to see when Trump send army on streets and real bullets will be fired, 'cus at some point this has to end.

Looks like there is protest/riot in Paris too.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I wonder is there civil war coming?
A modern dayish one. The culture war has more or less been going on for awhile, and this is probably the spark that makes it actually go into violence. It's not going to be what history books have as civil wars, but part of these riots are no longer about George Floyd.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad