United States Premier Hockey League (USPHL)

Kanka

Dec 25, 2011
Haven't found a thread started about this league so thought it should get one as it looks like the league is gaining ground.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/USPHL

Junior Teams so far:
Boston Jr. Bruins
Islanders HC
Jersey Hitmen
South Shore Kings
Portland Jr. Pirates
Bay State Breakers
Connecticut Yankees

Looks like the EJHL could be finished after this season. So will this league be the pay-to-play or adopt the NAHL/USHL model?

JB51Hockey

51Hockey
Nov 19, 2012
So the remaining EJHL teams that did not transfer to the USPHL will join the NAHL or NA3HL?

From reading, the talent will go like this:

USHL
USPHL
NAHL
the rest

SemireliableSource

Liter-a-cola
Sep 30, 2006
HSV
There was an article in the Boston Globe that said these teams would be separate from the EJHL squads. Essentially a new team to the organization.

However, there are reports that the league's application was rejected at the USA Hockey meetings.

I searched #USPHL and Nathan Fournier had some quotes from Jersey Hitmen GM Toby Harris saying they expected this since the applications were due back in April but they came up with the USPHL in November/December. He also said they're considering holding off until 14-15. Fournier says they went down to mainly get specifics on 14-15, see if USA Hockey would put them at Tier I, II, or III.

Last edited:

SPORTSMANIAC

Nov 15, 2004
Lewiston, Maine
mvn.com
There was an article in the Boston Globe that said these teams would be separate from the EJHL squads. Essentially a new team to the organization.

However, there are reports that the league's application was rejected at the USA Hockey meetings.

I searched #USPHL and Nathan Fournier had some quotes from Jersey Hitmen GM Toby Harris saying they expected this since the applications were due back in April but they came up with the USPHL in November/December. He also said they're considering holding off until 14-15. Fournier says they went down to mainly get specifics on 14-15, see if USA Hockey would put them at Tier I, II, or III.

This is Nathan Fournier and here's another story I did after USA Hockey meetings last weekend.

USPHL denied USA Hockey approval for 2013-’14
By Nathan Fournier Published: 22nd January 2013

The Portland Junior Pirates and the rest of the United States Premier Hockey League are in wait-and-see mode.

This past weekend at the USA Hockey winter meetings, the junior council decided not to approve the USPHL for the upcoming 2013-‘14 season. The USPHL knew heading into the meeting getting membership to USA Hockey for next season was a long shot.

Link>>>

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad