Unheralded Rookies Who Could Make an Impact in 2018/19

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
This is an annual list from me, examining unheralded rookies who could make an impact in the OHL this coming season. This list is for 2000 or 2001 born players who failed to crack their OHL team's roster full time last year, but could be ready to play a role in 2018/19. Some pretty big names have appeared on this list in previous editions.

33 players are mentioned, with short scouting reports.

OHL Prospects: Sunday Top 10 - Unheralded Rookies Who Could Make an Impact in 2018-19

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
This is an annual list from me, examining unheralded rookies who could make an impact in the OHL this coming season. This list is for 2000 or 2001 born players who failed to crack their OHL team's roster full time last year, but could be ready to play a role in 2018/19. Some pretty big names have appeared on this list in previous editions.

33 players are mentioned, with short scouting reports.

OHL Prospects: Sunday Top 10 - Unheralded Rookies Who Could Make an Impact in 2018-19
Thanks Brock. Nice to see some Wolves in there, exciting for the fanbase for sure. Many are conflicted as to whether or not Lavallee is the right guy for us or not, with his footwork being a concern. However, both Siau and Bowie have more then their fair share of supporters, and they're both so talented. Camp should be a good one. Always look forward to your articles.

Reactions: Brock

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Well I know I'm coming in late but I'd submit Matthew Maggio in Otttawa. Have been hearing a lot of positive vibes ( disclaimer did not see him myself) from training camp. Was supposed to go way earlier than he did in draft???? Why? Would love your comments/ input Brock.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
High on the LK 01 kids I see. Nice to see. That was a solid team.
Hopefully they do well.
Thank you Brock

Last edited:

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Well I know I'm coming in late but I'd submit Matthew Maggio in Otttawa. Have been hearing a lot of positive vibes ( disclaimer did not see him myself) from training camp. Was supposed to go way earlier than he did in draft???? Why? Would love your comments/ input Brock.

Didn't include any 2002 (the recent draft class). However my understanding on Maggio is that he went right around where he was supposed to. High risk/high reward type of player who had some issues away from the puck. Skill level electric, but concerns as to whether his game would translate above MM. This is coming off what I've read, and not what I had seen though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad