Unhelmeted Players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 24, 2004
Besides Craig Mactavish, can anyone provide me with the last few NHL'ers to not wear helmets? I think Harold Snepts might have been one, but I have no idea how to go about finding the others. And by recent, I mean early nineties.

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
MacTavish was the last to do so in '97, but Lafleur finished in '91 without a helmet. Doug Wilson might be the latest though.

blamebettman*

Rod Langway, played without a helmet until his retirement in 1993

You could also consider guys like Gretzky, Tikkanen, Dale Hunter, or anybody else who wore that JOFA thing to be helmetless. It was really no protection at all.

Mothra

The Groovy Guru
Jul 16, 2002
Parts Unknown
Visit site
leafs4thecup said:
Besides Craig Mactavish, can anyone provide me with the last few NHL'ers to not wear helmets? I think Harold Snepts might have been one, but I have no idea how to go about finding the others. And by recent, I mean early nineties.

Langway

Steelhead16

Jan 29, 2005
Boise, ID
blamebettman said:
Rod Langway, played without a helmet until his retirement in 1993

You could also consider guys like Gretzky, Tikkanen, Dale Hunter, or anybody else who wore that JOFA thing to be helmetless. It was really no protection at all.
Langway actually played for San Francisco Spiders in the IHL in 95-96 and still without a helmet.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
I can't imagine players without helmets in games these days: there's way too many cheap shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->