Advice: Uneven wear on skate wheels

Blueland89

Dec 1, 2009
Cartersville, Ga
My front two wheels are wearing away much faster than my back wheels. My back wheels look okay, but the front two are horrible. My guess is that I tend to lean more on my front wheels, is this a common thing or just me?

Last edited:

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Very common, especially if you have a Hi-Lo setup with smaller wheels in the front compared to the back (Missions/Bauers). Not only will the front two wheels wear quicker, but they'll wear with a distinct edge on them. They suggest rotating the wheels often to make the wear even and thus longer. I've always been too lazy to rotate them until I'm forced too though so I cannot tell you first hand how much it helps.

Blueland89

Dec 1, 2009
Cartersville, Ga
yeah I have a pair of Bauers with the hi-lo set up. I have rotated them a couple of times and your right about the very distinct edge. They come down to a point.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
yeah I have a pair of Bauers with the hi-lo set up. I have rotated them a couple of times and your right about the very distinct edge. They come down to a point.

They suggest rotating them by flipping the wheels around every couple wears that way they don't get that edge on them...

I've always kind of been hesitant to though because I almost feel like I have better edge work when the wheels do get worn down some. Like the first time I'm on brand new wheels I feel like I'm going to lose balance a couple times.

I just put new wheels on recently though so I might actually give it a go and see if there's any benefits/drawbacks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad