Undrafted UFA Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJF

Feb 27, 2002
London, ON
Visit site
The Great One said:
What about Bryan Rodney , Rodney isn't small , he has average size.He's almost averaging a point per game and he's a d.He's a 84' but he's doing quite well with the London knights.

Bryan Rodney's hockey db's profile

Bryan Rodney is a great offensive d-man and can run a power play there's no question about it. But his biggest problem is the fact that he can't play D, he's awful in his own zone he hasn't been as bad this season but still makes many boneheaded plays and causes turnovers.

GoBoltz56

Brisebois 1st Rounder
Jul 31, 2004
Tampa and Michigan
pavel datsyuk said:
I dont know many off-hand, but i do know that Detroit will sign at least one CHL UFA. They have for the past 5 years or so.

I'm not sure there will be room for any UFA prospect signings in Detroit this year or next year. There are a bunch coming from Europe: Valterri Filpulla, Miroslav Blatak, Andreas Jamtin, Tomek Valtonen, Johan Franzen, Igor Grigorenko, and also Kyle Quincey and Ryan Oulahen from the OHL will be coming up next season, but i guess ya never know.

CurtisJD13

Feb 9, 2005
Quiet Robert said:
I thought someone had mentioned him already, but Robin Big Snake UFA at the end of this year right? He's another good player (with a great name to boot). There are quite a few overagers this year who I like, but I don't know if their game translates to anything higher than the junior level. Still it would be nice to see some of these guys have success.

Robin Big Snake is one of my personal heros.

He would've made the Hartford Wolfpack this season had the NHL not locked out. He missed the cut just barely even after that. The guy is a gamer (see Darcy Tucker, or a comparison to). I watched him hit one of the top enforcers in the league so hard he didn't get up for about 2 minutes in a WHL game, and then come out the next shift and crash the net and score a goal.

How did this guy not get drafted?

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
because he's a small talentless goon.. many of which can be simply picked up via the ufa route all the time.. case in point... robin big snake !!!

Free Edler

Enjoy retirement, boys.
Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, BC
andora said:
because he's a small talentless goon.. many of which can be simply picked up via the ufa route all the time.. case in point... robin big snake !!!
You really seem to have an axe to grind with the guy.

Other than the fact he had a rotten attitude this year in Portland which led to him getting kicked off the team, what's your beef?

His offensive numbers indicate that he's beginning to develop some hockey skills to go along with his goonery (despite the fact that he is a man playing with boys out there), which was always his main asset.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
well unless he's completely changed his style of cheap shotting guys (slashes, punches), taking horrible penalties .. etc.. and if he's developed enough to be able to skate the puck atleast from his hash mark to the blueline without losing it.. maybe he's turned the corner...

yet in reality i believe he's what he is, a very limited hockey player who fights and goons, players of which are a dime a dozen... we'll see, maybe i'm wrong and for his sake i hope i am.. i just don't like him as a player..

CH Wizard

andora said:

He's small ? I think , he has average size , 6'0 219 isn't that bad but yeah he's small for a goon.I agree though , he has limited skills.I think , he'll become a decent good in the NHL but that's just me.I watched him with the Owen sound attack twice and he impressed me.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
andora said:
well unless he's completely changed his style of cheap shotting guys (slashes, punches), taking horrible penalties .. etc.. and if he's developed enough to be able to skate the puck atleast from his hash mark to the blueline without losing it.. maybe he's turned the corner...

yet in reality i believe he's what he is, a very limited hockey player who fights and goons, players of which are a dime a dozen... we'll see, maybe i'm wrong and for his sake i hope i am.. i just don't like him as a player..

Sounds to me like you have a personal grudge against the guy. Cause if you saw him play at all this year in Owen Sound you would have seen that he has developed some pretty decent offensive skill to go with his robust style of play. From the games, I saw, he was far from just a goon that cheapshots people. Yes, he fights, yes, he gives out some cheap shots, but so does every player on the ice. He'll find a home with a pro team, bank on it.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
well like i said, for his sake that's great he's developed.. it's good he's developed himself away from the antics he displayed in the whl, it's great for a player to mature like that.. i don't have a grudge with him...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad