Undrafted UFA Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafaholix*

sammy87 said:
I don't think Thorensen needs to be drafted. Since his draft year he played in the Q. I know he was in the Bruins camp a couple of years ago and they passed on signing him.
Good point, that was in the back of my mind.

Well, he has talent. I remember him being touted as a potential late 1st rounder back in 2002... his agent was sure he'd go atleast on the Sunday of that draft, but obviously he did not.

saskhab

May 12, 2004
Saskatoon
www.puckworlds.com
Well, since no one else seems to notice him, I'll give props to Ryan Keller. Little guy, but he hustles, has decent strength on the puck, and is one of the better scorers in the WHL for the past 3 years.

He attended the Blues' camp a couple years back I believe.

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
What about Dan Di Silva from Portland, Dale Mahovsky from Kootenay, Steve Later from Brandon, Rob Hisey from Belleville, Ryan MacDonald from Guelph, or Michael Ouzas from Mississauga

Quiet Robert

Feb 3, 2005
A couple Kitchener guys I like are David Clarkson and Adam Keefe. Keefe is very gritty and works very hard. Clarkson has good size and I like his game.

Also, Hisey has been mentioned, and is getting some people talking because of that move, but I really like how much skill he has. He's a really skilled guy.

Mario Scazlo Jr. is also a very skilled guy but people have criticized his size. Another Rimouski guy is Patrick Coulombe, a skilled, small dman. I think he's still eligible for this year's draft but I'm not sure.

I haven't seen him a lot this year but Seder from Vancouver is another dman who's got good size and can put up some numbers.

Vinland

Dec 3, 2004
King of Vinland
saskhab said:
Well, since no one else seems to notice him, I'll give props to Ryan Keller. Little guy, but he hustles, has decent strength on the puck, and is one of the better scorers in the WHL for the past 3 years.

He attended the Blues' camp a couple years back I believe.

Good call

pitthockey81

Apr 5, 2004
Pittsburgh, PA
What about Bill Thomas from Nebraska-Omaha...eventhough hes a 22 year old freshman. After the season he had u'd think someone would at leas entertain signing him.

CurtisJD13

Feb 9, 2005
What about the Lynch's?

Doug has already proven himself a top prospect with Edmonton. What about Scott? Before he tore his rotator cuff this year, he was 2nd only to Phaneuf in scoring by D-men. Definately one of the hardest hitters around too.

Also Jeff Lynch, voted player's player for the Chiefs this year, even though they missed the playoffs. Good points total for a power forward also.

Spooky371*

Mario Scalzo Jr. are a very good offensive defensman with the Rimouski Oceanic, it's undrafted.

Quiet Robert

Feb 3, 2005
I thought someone had mentioned him already, but Robin Big Snake UFA at the end of this year right? He's another good player (with a great name to boot). There are quite a few overagers this year who I like, but I don't know if their game translates to anything higher than the junior level. Still it would be nice to see some of these guys have success.

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
I forgot about Seder. I think he is a very good defenceman who could be a solider AHLer at least. Also, what about Aaron Sorochan and Mitch Bartley?

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
pitthockey81 said:
What about Bill Thomas from Nebraska-Omaha...eventhough hes a 22 year old freshman. After the season he had u'd think someone would at leas entertain signing him.

Perhaps, but there's still much that he's needs to improve to have any shot of making a go at it in the pros, most notably he really needs to bulk up and get stronger.

Some of my NCAA selections that haven't been mentioned (now some of these may have already been signed recently):

Brendan Cook (Bemidji State)
Steve Silverthorn (Colgate)
Brendan Bernakevitch (Harvard)
Jeff Legue, Derek Nesbitt and Matt York (Ferris State)
Jordan Webb (Union College)
Dave Ianazzo (St. Cloud)

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
How about a guy in the WHL named Steven Later....hes about 6'4"-6'5" and weighs aprox 210 lbs....the guy is fairly physical and hes been putting up nearly a point per game this year in the dub which is no small task by any player let alone a dman who happens to be the teams enforcer.

Anyone think this kid has a shot?

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
phaneuf_fan_3 said:
How about a guy in the WHL named Steven Later....hes about 6'4"-6'5" and weighs aprox 210 lbs....the guy is fairly physical and hes been putting up nearly a point per game this year in the dub which is no small task by any player let alone a dman who happens to be the teams enforcer.

Anyone think this kid has a shot?

I won't say he has zero chance of making it because there is always a chance, but if he even hits the AHL I would be quite surprised. His game never came around until this year. Before this year he was nothing more than a lower pairing dman. He doesn't have a solid skill set, and really doesn't do anything overly well. I think you're looking at an ECHLer, maybe an AHL call up.

TMHUNH

Feb 27, 2003
NH
Visit site
Oilers Chick said:
Perhaps, but there's still much that he's needs to improve to have any shot of making a go at it in the pros, most notably he really needs to bulk up and get stronger.

Some of my NCAA selections that haven't been mentioned (now some of these may have already been signed recently):

Brendan Cook (Bemidji State)
Steve Silverthorn (Colgate)
Brendan Bernakevitch (Harvard)
Jeff Legue, Derek Nesbitt and Matt York (Ferris State)
Jordan Webb (Union College)
Dave Ianazzo (St. Cloud)

York already signed in the ECHL.

To answer the same question you answered, if Bill Thomas continues to put up #'s, he will be signed someday, but no one leaves after their freshman year as a UFA.

Derek Damon is another player no one has mentioned.

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
Quiet Robert said:
A couple Kitchener guys I like are David Clarkson and Adam Keefe. Keefe is very gritty and works very hard. Clarkson has good size and I like his game.
Clarkson, yes..... Keefe - not so much. I love his attitude and work ethic, but his skating will probably prevent him from going much further.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Marty Sertich, Bryan Schmidt, Reid Cashman, Jon Smyth, Charile Cook, David McKee, Evan Schawb, Ryan Shannon, Preston Chander, Brain Yandle, Michel Leveille, Josh Soares, Gabe Gauither, Luke Fulghum, Scott Mifsud, Daniel Spare, Sam Roberts, M-A Bureau, Karl Gagne, Yannick Tifu, Nicholas Marcotte, Rob Hisey, Marc Rancort, Brett Trudel, Pat Jarrett, Dan Dasilva, Ryan Keller,

Free Edler

Enjoy retirement, boys.
Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, BC
Hedberg16 said:
I forgot about Seder. I think he is a very good defenceman who could be a solider AHLer at least. Also, what about Aaron Sorochan and Mitch Bartley?
Bartley isn't an overager this year, he's an '85.

X0ssbar

OSU's Rod Pelley is an undrafted guy Doug MacLean has gone on the record as saying the Blue Jackets were interested in.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
one poster mentioned these two, but im shocked at the lack of ink these guys get. all the more curious since they are two the leaders at DU, ncaa champs last year and frozen four this year.

gabe gauthier
luke fulghum

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Top Shelf said:
OSU's Rod Pelley is an undrafted guy Doug MacLean has gone on the record as saying the Blue Jackets were interested in.
good little player, played well here in PG with the spruce kings but didn't explode like everyone was banking on..

decent guy, went to school with him, met him a couple times...

it'd be cool to see him take the step up into ahl/pros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->