UNDRAFTED Lascek leading the Q

Status
Not open for further replies.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Stansislav Lascek was not picked in the 2004 entry draft but after the weekend he
has just moved into the scoring lead in the Q.I was very surprised that he went
undrafted,as he looked pretty good last year.I saw him again this weekend and
I was quite impressed.He has a somewhat awkward skating style but i think he's
probably a better skater than some give him credit for.He seems to have a great
sence of where to attack in the offensive zone.He 'll be more of a marked man now but the problem with playing the sags is they have too many good forwards to
have to mark. Anyway it will be interesting to see how he develops.
Anyone who has seen him play alot have any info on him?

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
Guys that can think the game ahead a couple of plays compensate for their skating ability. A guy like Ribeiro isnt very impressive skating wise, but he has adjusted greatly and has used his hockey sense to get along perfectly.

I think someone would take a shot at Lascek in the later rounds if there should be a draft next June.

hossy316

Oct 25, 2003
Kensington, PEI
Visit site
Saw the Sags game against the Rocket on Sat night and while they are a great team, loaded with talent, MAN, are they ever Yellow!!!! They need some toughness on this team or they will be pushed around all year, by far more talented teams other then the Rocket, who have now come back down to earth after their hot start.

Nobody wanted anything to do with Jimmy Bonneau. Lascek goes down like he was shot with about 3 minutes left in the 2nd, drawing a phamtom roughing penalty to Lapierre. It didn't look like he was going to get up until a stretcher come out. Then what happens, of course, he is on the PP and scores a goal 2 minutes later. :shakehead

These boys better grow a set of you know what, or add some toughness to their team, cause from what I have read about them here before, they do the same against other teams. Any Rimouski fans on here could probably tell us more.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
hossy316 said:
Saw the Sags game against the Rocket on Sat night and while they are a great team, loaded with talent, MAN, are they ever Yellow!!!! They need some toughness on this team or they will be pushed around all year, by far more talented teams other then the Rocket, who have now come back down to earth after their hot start.

Nobody wanted anything to do with Jimmy Bonneau. Lascek goes down like he was shot with about 3 minutes left in the 2nd, drawing a phamtom roughing penalty to Lapierre. It didn't look like he was going to get up until a stretcher come out. Then what happens, of course, he is on the PP and scores a goal 2 minutes later. :shakehead

These boys better grow a set of you know what, or add some toughness to their team, cause from what I have read about them here before, they do the same against other teams. Any Rimouski fans on here could probably tell us more.

Obviosuly you dont need to be tough to win. They spanked you 7-3 and they are yellow as you say. Who cares really.

Rahan

May 27, 2003
Chicoutimi
Visit site
hossy316 said:

Hum, I'm pretty sure I recall the 'Nics fan crying about the little punch Crosby got after a faceoff against the Sags. And there were many fights in this game, pretty much all won by the Sags players. I don't know what Rimouski fans on here could tell you.
What you obviously can't see is that the team is disciplined, they don't lack thoughness.

hossy316

Oct 25, 2003
Kensington, PEI
Visit site
rahan said:
Hum, I'm pretty sure I recall the 'Nics fan crying about the little punch Crosby got after a faceoff against the Sags. And there were many fights in this game, pretty much all won by the Sags players. I don't know what Rimouski fans on here could tell you.
What you obviously can't see is that the team is disciplined, they don't lack thoughness.

Disciplined Yes, but why in a 7-3 game late in the 3rd. Where are the tough guys at this point. I'm sure the coach is not dumb enough that he can't see what is going to happen out there. Team toughness, hahaha, I'm sorry. From what I saw, they were yellow. Turtles, turtles, turtle.

hossy316

Oct 25, 2003
Kensington, PEI
Visit site
La-La-Laprise said:
Obviosuly you dont need to be tough to win. They spanked you 7-3 and they are yellow as you say. Who cares really.

You will through the full season and playoffs. And who cares?? The fans obviously. Why do you think that everyone stays until the end of a 7-3 game?? Drop the gloves, give us a few tussles. The Rocket tried that, but I am just saying that the Sags were yellow and wanted nothing to do with them. At least your boys dropped the mits when the Rocket spanked them a couple weeks ago!!!

hunter1909*

Ego said:
Lascek`s father was a boxing champion in Slovakia.

yeah, well, i went to school with a kid whos dad was a golden gloves champion, and this kid was nothing more than a bully and a coward

highstickingyerface

Mar 5, 2004
eastern canada
Agree completely with the assessment of Lascek.. mediocre skater.... great anticipation offensively and great hands... but his diving skills and his over exuberance when he scores a blowout goal didn't sit well with me at all.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
hossy316 said:
You will through the full season and playoffs. And who cares?? The fans obviously. Why do you think that everyone stays until the end of a 7-3 game?? Drop the gloves, give us a few tussles. The Rocket tried that, but I am just saying that the Sags were yellow and wanted nothing to do with them. At least your boys dropped the mits when the Rocket spanked them a couple weeks ago!!!

How many "tough" teams have won the league title?

03/04: Gatineau last year..all they had was Fugere and their top 2 lines had 5 of 6 guys under 6'00

02/03: Same Gatineau/Hull tean...not very tough.

01/02: Victo...ummm yeah they reallly liked to goon it up :help:

00/01: VD: LOL tough?? Not in a snowballs chance in hell. As soft as a team comes.

99/00: RIM...only tough player they had was Lareivre an dhe was decent enough to play a regular shift.

Keep drooling over tough teams, they never win. Bottom line.

Rahan

May 27, 2003
Chicoutimi
Visit site
hossy316 said:

Well, that's just being smart. Why would you want to play the losing team's game and let them get their frustration out? It's smart from the sags. Let the losers boil, you won your game - why would you fight? You fight when you're FRUSTRATED, and you're NOT frustrated when you beat the crap out of the other team, and that's how hockey is played.
Seriously, just watch wrestling and quit hockey.

Astaroth

Apr 22, 2004
Montreal,Qc
hossy316 said:
Are you guys all panzies from that city, even the fans??? Gezzzz!!!!!!! :banghead:

Man, just chill lol. The sags are all about skill and scoring, but as someone stated earlier, they can mix it up. But why mix it up in a blowout? If they did, sure it'd be entertaining but it would also be a very emotional and unsound call. This kind of reminds of a playoff series a long time ago, back in the late 90's. It was a must win game for the Rangers against the Pens and the score was somewhat of a blowout, enough for a Ranger win to be out of reach anyways. Jagr was stickhandling when a NY player slashed him on the arm, one of his players comes to back him up and Jagr just waves him off and looks at the Ranger and points towards the scoreboard. Sure it would have been normal for a brawl to start but Jagr played it smart and hurt him where it really hurts, winning the game.

highstickingyerface

Mar 5, 2004
eastern canada
I can't imagine a Martel coached team can't/won't get involved in the fisticuffs

I don't blame the Sags for not obliging us Saturday night.. why bother in a 7-3 game?

but Lascek has to toughen up some... everytime someone in a Rocket jersey skated near him he was on the ice crumpled in "pain" only to be fine a few minutes later

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
highstickingyerface said:
How many points has Crosby gotten since the Cabana suspension?

How many goals ahs Cormyape gotten?

How come he could barely beat James Rhynold?

thanks for your time

UM yeah your post makes tons of sense. Compare a goon to Crosby. Good call.

How can you say he barely beat Ryhnold? He droped him and then being the classy guy he is let up because Ryhnold was down and out and the linesmen were late coming in.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
hossy316 said:
Who in the hell are you anyways?? Sorry Mr. Halifax Moosehead. Sorry, I forgot that your the man with all the outstanding posts!

When you lump a large group of people together (Chicouitmi fans) and call them all *******, you are the one that looks like a moron not me.

You came in here started bashing the Sags for the weak team (physically) and then i cited examples of how "tough" teams never win the league and you completley overlooked it because you know you had nothing to back up your claims with.

hossy316

Oct 25, 2003
Kensington, PEI
Visit site
La-La-Laprise said:
When you lump a large group of people together (Chicouitmi fans) and call them all *******, you are the one that looks like a moron not me.

You came in here started bashing the Sags for the weak team (physically) and then i cited examples of how "tough" teams never win the league and you completley overlooked it because you know you had nothing to back up your claims with.

Sorry, I didn't know you and the Sags fans were so close. I guess they have nobody else on here that can defend themselves. Do you cheer for them when they come into town to play the Heard??

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
hossy316 said:
Sorry, I didn't know you and the Sags fans were so close. I guess they have nobody else on here that can defend themselves. Do you cheer for them when they come into town to play the Heard??

No it is called acting properly. Just because a couple of their players are soft it doesnt mean EVERYONE in sagsville is like that.

I will agree with you that Chicouitmi has a soft team, but like I said earlier, there is no correlation between tough teams and winning championships.

highstickingyerface

Mar 5, 2004
eastern canada
My post makes lots of sense mr self proclaimed expert. You are attacking others for their posts when you yourself have made many questionable posts which have turned out to be false.... Crosby was sitting out just to get your boy Cabana a longer suspension... so I ask how many points has he gotten since the suspension came down... you went on about Cormier's hockey skills saying he may become a 20 goal man.. I ask how many he has now... and when he decisively beat Neilson he was now on the cusp of becoming the undisputed Q tough guy yet he struggled to beat down a middle weight like Rhynold last week

the fight was shown on Global.... it was not a decisive victory for your ape at all

oh and as for generalizations you're well known to lump many fans together when spouting off your expert opinions on various Q messageboards... usually you really like spitting on the Islanders in particular since we "just got a Q team" and therefore can't possibly know that much

make sense now big guy?

hossy316

Oct 25, 2003
Kensington, PEI
Visit site
La-La-Laprise said:
No it is called acting properly. Just because a couple of their players are soft it doesnt mean EVERYONE in sagsville is like that.

I will agree with you that Chicouitmi has a soft team, but like I said earlier, there is no correlation between tough teams and winning championships.

That's fine. I was just upset that I am paying $14.00 to get into a junior hockey game, $3 for a sliver of a slice of pizza, $5 for 50/50 that I never win, $85.00 for a bag of popcorn, and $5/beer. If I am going there to see a 7-3 hockey game in the third paying this, I want to see some scraps, along with MOST of the other 3,400 people that were there. The Rocket realized this and wanted to send a message to the other team and give their fans a little show, but the Sags were being Yellow. 7-3 game in Junior Hockey in the 3rd period, whether it be Junior A, B, C, or Major Junior, everyone that is still there is wanting a tussle. I said right in my first post in this thread that they are a very talented hockey team, so I am not taking anything away from them in regards to that. I was just expecting more, especially after the Rocket run their goalie later on in the 3rd and it amounted to one fight and nothing more. I mean, stand up for your teammates for crying out loud.

hossy316

Oct 25, 2003
Kensington, PEI
Visit site
highstickingyerface said:
My post makes lots of sense mr self proclaimed expert. You are attacking others for their posts when you yourself have made many questionable posts which have turned out to be false.... Crosby was sitting out just to get your boy Cabana a longer suspension... so I ask how many points has he gotten since the suspension came down... you went on about Cormier's hockey skills saying he may become a 20 goal man.. I ask how many he has now... and when he decisively beat Neilson he was now on the cusp of becoming the undisputed Q tough guy yet he struggled to beat down a middle weight like Rhynold last week

the fight was shown on Global.... it was not a decisive victory for your ape at all

oh and as for generalizations you're well known to lump many fans together when spouting off your expert opinions on various Q messageboards... usually you really like spitting on the Islanders in particular since we "just got a Q team" and therefore can't possibly know that much

make sense now big guy?

Cormier will never be the undisputed Q tough guy. Is this what Moose Man really said?? :joker:
He didn't even beat Conner MacDonald in the Rocket home opener, and Conner is nowhere near a heavyweight in the league!

HfxMoose

Nov 17, 2003
Halifax, Nova Scotia
hossy316 said:
Cormier will never be the undisputed Q tough guy. Is this what Moose Man really said?? :joker:
He didn't even beat Conner MacDonald in the Rocket home opener, and Conner is nowhere near a heavyweight in the league!
Who is then? Bonneau? :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad