Speculation: Undrafted FA Thread (NCAA/CHL/Euro)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Yeah, who knows. He, with Matthew Highmore and Dryden Hunt, shows our scouts and recommending decent undrafted FA’s anyhow.

This is why, while the amateur scouting needs to go through changes, Timmins is not one of the member of hockey ops I want gone. I think he's done very well on the draft floor and has also done well finding undrafted players like Lindgren and Carr, as examples.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Yeah, who knows. He, with Matthew Highmore and Dryden Hunt, shows our scouts are recommending decent undrafted FA’s anyhow

Oh and Maxime Fortier too

Jimmy Schuldt would easily have gotten an NHL deal if he wanted to turn pro and I could see the Habs signing Robby Jackson next year since he was Poehling's linemate and led the team in scoring. Two more good invites. Although would like to see them do a better job with the guys they sign to AHL contracts.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Jimmy Schuldt would easily have gotten an NHL deal if he wanted to turn pro and I could see the Habs signing Robby Jackson next year since he was Poehling's linemate and led the team in scoring. Two more good invites. Although would like to see them do a better job with the guys they sign to AHL contracts.

I wonder if Schuldt and Jackson will be invited again.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Would there be a disadvantage to inviting them? I can't see anything negative from doing it.

Definitely nothing negative with either. If anything, it will show that Habs are still interested in both, which could be the tipping point in Habs' favour when teams vie for their services next year.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Pretty quiet on the UFA front....any chance we take a look at 6'2'' C Ryan Schmeltzer? He signed a ECHL contract once his Canisius season was done. And was point per game in 7 games in the ECHL.And 7 points in 9 games in the playoffs.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Mikael Lalancette just reiterated in a report during the 2nd intermission of Armada-Titans Game 1 Final that Habs are one of many teams trying to sign Galipeau. Lalancette said to keep an eye on it in the next few days.

Worth noting that two seasons ago, he was invited to the Canucks camp. And last season, was invited to Chicago's camp. Have to think they're after him, as well.

Last edited:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Galipeau is having a monster game tonight in Game 3 of the Q Final. Titans are leading 4-2, Galipeau with 1 goal and 2 assists. He surely has a few teams courting him, and Habs are among them. But I really hope Habs are doubling and even tripling their efforts to make sure he chooses them.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Galipeau is having a monster game tonight in Game 3 of the Q Final. Titans are leading 4-2, Galipeau with 1 goal and 2 assists. He surely has a few teams courting him, and Habs are among them. But I really hope Habs are doubling and even tripling their efforts to make sure he chooses them.

Definitely would hurt to see him choose another team. We could use that depth on D.

Reactions: bryan1966

bryan1966

Time for some fast & skilled hockey!
Nov 24, 2011
New Hampshire

Habs really need to sign Galipeau. He will make our left D prospects a little deeper. Don't understand how the habs could lose any bidding war for this player.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Habs really need to sign Galipeau. He will make our left D prospects a little deeper. Don't understand how the habs could lose any bidding war for this player.

Maybe if the habs don't want to give him bonuses, but overall it's ultimately where he chooses to go.

Having the AHL team in Quebec definitely helps. He will have a better chance to make the team even as early as this upcoming season.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Mario Pouliot au sujet du défenseur Olivier Galipeau @ABTitan. « Oui, il nous aide sur la glace, mais son apport est peut-être encore plus grand dans le vestiaire. Gali, c’est un vrai pro. Il aime être à l’aréna. Nos jeunes veulent l’imiter. » BTW, toujours pas de contrat pro...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad