Speculation: Undrafted FA Thread (NCAA/CHL/Euro)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
And St. Cloud just got eliminated in the NCAA. So Schuldt would also be a solid signing.

Alain, Galipeau, and Schuldt. And hopefully Beauregard and Korostelev do enough to earn a contract.
Robby Jackson as well. He'll be a senior next year but there's been rumors that he'll be turning pro instead.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
Wonder if anyone picks up Pius Suter from Matthews' Swiss team, 39 points in 36 games, I recall him getting a little bit of draft hype a while back.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
Are we trying to get Brickley, any reports on what the teams on his shortlist are?

I'd kill to get somebody like Butcher or Krug, Tanev, Dekeyser, Schultz, Schmidt or even guys like Sustr, Van riemsdyk, Pionk for once and not just the tail-end of UDFA defencemen like Parisi, Johnston, Hanley, Leblanc, etc.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Are we trying to get Brickley, any reports on what the teams on his shortlist are?

I'd kill to get somebody like Butcher or Krug, Tanev, Dekeyser, Schultz, Schmidt or even guys like Sustr, Van riemsdyk, Pionk for once and not just the tail-end of UDFA defencemen.

Bob McKenzie says no Canadian teams on the shortlist.

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal

I'd kill to get somebody like Butcher or Krug, Tanev, Dekeyser, Schultz, Schmidt or even guys like Sustr, Van riemsdyk, Pionk for once and not just the tail-end of UDFA defencemen.

The tweet just above your post says the 3-5 teams remaining in sweepstakes are US based. So to answer your question no, we are not.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON

Something to keep in mind regarding Schuldt is he won't necessarily jump into the league from the get go. He's got a great shot and he's got a lot of sandpaper in his game but outside of that he can be quite limited. Having seen a lot of him in the last couple years, I'd be fine with giving him a contract but he wouldn't necessarily be my number one target on defense. I like Jordan Gross for exemple a lot more pro upside wise.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I asked Shawn Danielson (who has all the info on SCSU) on Twitter yesterday if he has any info on Schuldt and Jackson, who can return to SCSU if he chooses to.

He replied to me that Schuldt will take the week to be with family and friends before he decides where he signs. And as for Jackson, he said that if a team offers him a max deal, he sees him turning pro.

Would be sweet if Habs can get both.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I asked Shawn Danielson (who has all the info on SCSU) on Twitter yesterday if he has any info on Schuldt and Jackson, who can return to SCSU if he chooses to.

He replied to me that Schuldt will take the week to be with family and friends before he decides where he signs. And as for Jackson, he said that if a team offers him a max deal, he sees him turning pro.

Would be sweet if Habs can get both.
There's familiarity with both so I'd say we stand as good a chance as any team there. Maybe get Poehling to nudge them a bit in that direction just to make sure.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Since when is Detroit on the West Coast? :sarcasm:
4 of the 5 he's visiting are reportedly either west coast or western teams. Detroit is the one anomaly in the bunch. Not a bad option to ponder though, they might be able to offer him a starting spot from the get go, that defense is a mess.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

MB was in Chicoutimi to watch the playoff game between Acadie-Bathurst and Chicoutimi.

Galipeau had a goal and an assist and was awarded the game's first star. They were his first 2 points in the 3 games of this series.

Meanwhile in the Blainville/Val D'Or series, future Habs prospect (;)) Alexandre Alain had a goal. He's at 6 points (5G, 1A) in 3 games.

Reactions: marcolino

CoopersFalls

Director of Armchair Operations
Mar 5, 2010
Central Ontario
Laval signs D Bailey Webster, with 11 points from the blueline, to an ATO.

I usually don’t criticize the players they target as undrafted FA’s but 11 points in the Q at his age is horrific. Even Alzner has more offense than that.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
I'm hoping we are targeting a LHD out of college. We could definitely use that in the depth charts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->