Speculation: Undrafted FA Thread (NCAA/CHL/Euro)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
What's his skating like ? Cause he sure can score and play physical, but I guess something's clicking if he wasn't drafted...

he needs some works on this

Also, any interest in Morgan Adams-Moisan ? Limited, and probably doesn't hold a lot of pro potential, but learned how to score this year and knows how to use his size.

I don't think he is good enough to have a potential. he is not as good as Yanni Gourde and Barre-Boulet

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

dcal64

Jul 4, 2010
Ottawa
There is a rumour going around that the Habs would be interested in Anthony Beauregard, currently playing for Concordia. Anyone have any opinions on him?

I guess the rumour turned out to be true, we also signed Nikita Korostelev (Peterborough – OHL), any opinions on him?

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Another center who is available as a free agent coming back over from Europe is Stephane Da Costa always puts up points,but has had injuries the last few seasons also Alexei Byvaltsev and Par Lindolm in the Swedish Elite league but he has 1 year left,would have to work out a deal to bring him over....also a winger like 23 year old Vladimir Tkachyov played in the QNJHL in the past known as a offensive small player just like Panarin when he came over as and signed with Chicago as an undrafted free agent.

Da Costa is a terrible skater. He’s not a good NHLer.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Don't know anything about beauregard, friend who works for the LHJMQ told me he's a very good skater, decent pair of hands, first pass guy but he's very small, he apparantely fed ALOT of gauthiers goal!

as for Korostelev, just watched couple of video of him, REALY like his skills set and shot, he seemed to be a constant near 30 goal scorer in 50-ish games, always a ppg in the OHL, realy like this tryout we are lacking skills wingers like him, if he can translate to the AHL work his game there and late boom the NHL that would be fantastic! Free assets who hates them? even if he end up a enjoyable AHL player to watch and to keep in our farm its cool since we barely have that type of player!

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Da Costa is a terrible skater. He’s not a good NHLer.

His skating has improved since his time in Ottawa IMO.

The analytics on his time in Ottawa showed a player with very good possession numbers and incredibly low PDO.

For the right price, I'd give him a shot... I'm not expecting a first liner, but a good third liner who can add some depth offence would be a nice add.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

still think Jackson is the better pickup, although he's cooled off and is undersized but he's still young and has chemistry with Poehling since they are linemates. I like Schuldt but other then his big shot and decent physical/defensive game, I don't think he's anything special. Should be a solid AHLer at worst, not sure of his NHL upside as he needs to get quicker, more mobile.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Alexandre Alain with 2 goals (1 was the OT winner) and 1 assist in Armada's 3-2 OT win against Val D'Or in Game 1. While Barre-Boulet signed with Tampa, Alain may end up being the one Habs sign.

CoopersFalls

Director of Armchair Operations
Mar 5, 2010
Central Ontario
We’re inviting the right people to camps lately but we are letting the decent ones get away without contracts.

Dryden Hunt and Matthew Highmore both played in the NHL this year and had attended Habs camps previously.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
We’re inviting the right people to camps lately but we are letting the decent ones get away without contracts.

Dryden Hunt and Matthew Highmore both played in the NHL this year and had attended Habs camps previously.

Don't forget Max Fortier who got a contract elsewhere, too.

But yet.. you know.. gotta sign Pezzetta....

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON

I put most of the blame on Fortier himself in that particular case. He was invited to our summer camps for 2 years and did absolutely nothing in them. Considering his junior stats I was always looking real hard at him and always came away disappointed. Guys like Hunt or Eisenschmid (who did end up getting a deal) did way more with their opportunities . Camp invites have to at least make SOME sort of an impact.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

Phillips Myers would be nice to have in the system. But I don’t blame them, he kind of exploded out of nowhere, a highly unlikely development curve.

habsfan92

Jun 5, 2005
winnipeg
Well, if you can't draft the players you need, then you better damn be aggressive in the FA market (talking about college, CHL & Europe) to bring in the players (and scouts/coaches) you need to get better. Wouldn't be much of an issue if the guys you drafted with your 1st & 2nd rnd picks made any impact at the NHL level. Enough looking backwards, let's focus on the road ahead.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Well, if you can't draft the players you need, then you better damn be aggressive in the FA market (talking about college, CHL & Europe) to bring in the players (and scouts/coaches) you need to get better. Wouldn't be much of an issue if the guys you drafted with your 1st & 2nd rnd picks made any impact at the NHL level. Enough looking backwards, let's focus on the road ahead.

Tampa Bay are probably one of the 3 best drafting team and they signed non drafted players each years ? Non Drafted players are free gamble why don't use it ? they are alote of useless non-drafted players in the league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->