Speculation: Undrafted FA Thread (NCAA/CHL/Euro)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Yeah I know.....way too soon and most names mention in this thread will probably end up like Antoine Laganière, where most names that comes up ends up slowly being forgotten in a league nobody knows. Yet.....there might be some exceptions. Could Kevin Dufour be interestng if he continues his progression? I know I'll try to catch a few games from him...Anybody here that already had their eyes on him and have seen him play?

Here's Kevin Dufour. Article in french. Dufour is the best NCAA scorer so far, 9 goals in 10 games. 22 year old, 6' 190lbs. #10 for Bowling-Green

http://blogues.radio-canada.ca/blog...meilleur-buteur-de-la-ncaa-vient-de-beauport/

And for NCAA and CHL fans...who are your other names you have in mind as UFA for 2015?

Last edited by a moderator:

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Yeah I know.....way too soon and most names mention in this thread will probably end up like Antoine Laganière, where most names that comes up ends up slowly being forgotten in a league nobody knows. Yet.....there might be some exceptions. Could Kevin Dufour be interestng if he continues his progression? I know I'll try to catch a few games from him...Anybody here that already had their eyes on him and have seen him play?

Here's Kevin Dufour. Article in french. Dufour is the best NCAA scorer so far, 9 goals in 10 games. 22 year old, 6' 190lbs. #10 for Bowling-Green

http://blogues.radio-canada.ca/blog...meilleur-buteur-de-la-ncaa-vient-de-beauport/

And for NCAA and CHL fans...who are your other names you have in mind as UFA for 2015?

Weird that his numbers were pretty mediocre in the CCHL in 12-13...22nd leading scorer in a Jr.a league at 20

Alexis Loiseau, Louick Marcotte and Jeremie Fraser are 3 of the top OA's in the QMJHL.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

Ahti Oksanen (BU) is a name I've heard a lot in terms of NHL interest but I don't know if he will turn pro in the off-season or head back for his Senior year next fall.

nilan30

Jan 14, 2004
Asking this in a genuine, want to know way, not a smart-ass way. How many guys that were signed as undrafted junior/NCAA guys have had solid careers in the NHL? Who have been the best?

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Asking this in a genuine, want to know way, not a smart-ass way. How many guys that were signed as undrafted junior/NCAA guys have had solid careers in the NHL? Who have been the best?

MSL, Belfour.

That's two HHOFers I can easily name.

MSL is an eventual HHOF'er..

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Not free agents but as far as goalies go.. Logan Halladay and Kasimir Kaskisuo who were passed on last year should be selected this year. Hope its us, yet again, for Logan halladay

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013

Desharnais :sarcasm:

Best Current is probably Giordano & St. Louis

Used to be lots of good ones like Oates, Ciccarelli, Belfour, & Mullen to name a few but it's becoming less common to get a superstar fall through the cracks

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Here's an interesting article,

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/nch...oy-stecher-becoming-a-top-free-agent-prospect

He's a teammate of Mark MacMillan's, they also played for the same team in the BCHL (not at same time). Haven't seen him this year though.

was watching the North Dakota - St Cloud game last night. Joey Benik (SCSU) is a undrafted FA that we should be looking at. He's a junior so he can return for his Senior year and he's undersized so not sure how much interest there will be in him but he's got slick hands and knows where to be on the ice to score. Is a LW but likes to play on the right side, tied for the team lead in points and tied for 2nd on the team in goals.

The reason I like him so much is because I followed him way back when he was in the USHS in Minnesota before he went to the BCHL. I wanted the Habs to draft him as a late rounder because he broke the goal scoring record for Minnesota although he played in a weaker division then the likes of Ryan McDonagh, David Fischer, Anders Lee (who I so badly wanted the Habs to draft in the 7th round but no team took him until the following year, what a steal by NYI, saw him play at 15 for STA in the USHS).

Last edited:

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Tyler Johnson and Ondrej Palat

Palat was a 7th rounder.

Thanks Montréal for bringing that thread back....I was mostly looking lately at Ryan Hitchcock for a while but he really cooled down this year so that's a big no now. Do have my fixation on Casey Bailey.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
With the way we dealt with Sekac, which young College UFA would ever want to sign here now?

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
With the way we dealt with Sekac, which young College UFA would ever want to sign here now?

Because there also a guy like Condon that we acquired and just gave a 2-year contract, 2nd year being a 1-way contract. We haven't treated Sekac properly....but that wasn't about Bergevin. But the coach....yet, we might not keep this coach eternally....and depending of the type of player you are, he might actually like you.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

Don't necessarily buy that. He may have been BSed by the coach, but he got a chance to jump straight into the line-up and was moved to an amazing situation in Anaheim before his development could be stalled. Habs still have openings for college UFAs to make the jump and they have a personnel oriented GM.

The Sekac deal may sour some players, but I don't see it as being a turn-off.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003

Well Casey Bailey has been on my radar for 2 years now, so I'm not going to be against that list....Cole Bardreau is another who interest me a whole lot. He has a really high offensive IQ. Oksanen is REALLY interesting. Kid's got potential. And Yevenko, well his size makes him interesting. Not sure a whole lot more than that. But could be a raw project interesting to work with. O'connor...well it would do wonders for our goalie depth....since we will trade Fucale in the summer for picks....:D I will try to check more closely Baun, Doremus, Morrison and Brevig, No thanks for Czarnik and Motte.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad