Speculation: Underrated 2020 UFAs

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
Carson Soucy.

Group 6 UFA. Weird situation because he didn't get enough NHL games this year to retain his RFA status, and he was surprisingly good. Big, strong, pretty good skater and showed some surprisingly good hands. Played very well next to Brodin on the second pairing for a stretch in the middle of the year.

Kind of hoping he just gets overlooked because he's Minnesota's best option in the top-4 if they end up moving Brodin or Dumba, but he'd be a tempting guy to throw a contract at if I was another team.

Erik Gustafsson from Calgary. I don't think he will be in the first group of defensemen to get paid, but will likely be good value.

Great picks. Very different defenders, but both guys are super under the radar.

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
I'd bet that Carl Soderberg goes for under 4M and whoever lands him at that price is going to find some very good value.

Maybe for one year, sure. But the wheels are already wobbly, they'll fall off soon. I wouldn't expect a multi year deal to work out too well.

Reactions: Juicy Pop

nashpreds

Sep 13, 2008
Toronto
Namestnikov is a really solid top 9 guy that can provide secondary scoring and is pretty great defensively.

Homer vote for Smith as well. A great top 9 potentially top 6 forward with a good shot and solid 2 way game. He is extremely streaky though.

Reactions: Elvs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->