TV: undergrads

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
undergradsguy_1335899680_07.jpg

Anyone else remember this show? Only lasted one season in 2001 (somewhat ironically, my Freshman year as an undergrad as well :laugh:)

For a comedy show, I always thought it was really good and covered a lot of deep topics and issues, that the majority of college Freshmen go through.

Really wish it had lasted longer, it had the staying power to do at least a few more seasons. Probably more than that.

And that cliff hanger ending still makes me kinda tear up and makes me really want to know what happened next.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
It only lasted 1 season?!? How? It was a great show during my teenage years.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
It only lasted 1 season?!? How? It was a great show during my teenage years.

Teletoon committed to a second season, but MTV pulled out last minute and they lost the majority of their funding. Pete Williams the creator has been trying to get it back on the air since production of Season 2 stopped halfway through, even going as far as pitching a new series that featured the same characters. However 2 main hurdle remain, first is funding second is getting the rights back from MTV. But appearantly there has been talk about a one off movie being made.

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
Teletoon committed to a second season, but MTV pulled out last minute and they lost the majority of their funding. Pete Williams the creator has been trying to get it back on the air since production of Season 2 stopped halfway through, even going as far as pitching a new series that featured the same characters. However 2 main hurdle remain, first is funding second is getting the rights back from MTV. But appearantly there has been talk about a one off movie being made.

eh just fund it from the public. I did like the show it was great. loved the soundtrack. lotsa of kickass indy bands

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
God, really takes me back... 16 years.

Huge fan when I was 12-13.. when I was 14 the company who produced the show did a fundraiser and one of the ebay auctions was for a DVD of the show signed by Pete Williams the creator which I quickly bought for 90 dollars which was a lot of money for me at the time.

I've been apart of every revival attempt for the show that has gone including the latest one where the writers of the show got a lawyer and started discussing with MTV about getting the rights to it, but believe that is also dead now.

"Hey guy, I'm mastering my joystick"

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
Really like it and had hopes it'd come back. Lost hope as it's been too long.

Clone High is a similar favourite of mine.

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
I remember I saw a rerun of this on TV one summer, it had to be around 2007. I thought it was great. It was disappointing to learn that there was only one season.

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
Undergrad and Clone High were my favs growing up, going back watching old episodes of Clone High there is so many clever jokes lol.

I was very close to buying a Nitz style hat glad smarter minds prevailed lol

Reactions: Do Make Say Think

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Decent enough show. Most of the jokes at our school were about gimpy at the time

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Agree with all the people who brought up Clone High. Gotta put Captain Star on the list as well. Man, cartoons were soooo much better like 15-20 years ago :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad