Under20 Womans world cup

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
Dunno how popular womans soccer is on here but the under 20 womans world cup starts today with 4 games. canadas first game is tomorrow vs south korea but todays games are as followed

GermanyU20 vs ColumbiaU20
New zealandU20 VS MexicoU20
SpainU20 vs BrazilU20
AustraliaU20 vs costa RicaU20

My predictions are Germany Mexico Spain and australia wins lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Eye of Ra

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
0-0 half time between Germany and Columbia. Columbia looking pretty decent tbh but if Germany doesnt pull out the win in the end it will be upset If stays a draw.

Sep 19, 2008
I got home at 11 PM from the women's soccer game here and turned on the TV before the melatonin kicked in. I was surprised to see Costa Rica and Australia on late at night.

Watching the US - Ghana game now. US is up 2-0 at the half.

Sep 19, 2008
I'm supposed to be a US Shill but even with my bias you got to say this officiating for the game has been iffy at best. Ghana was nearly assessed 2 red cards, both on questionable "light" calls. Official just rescinded the last red but the first one was pretty light too.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA

A look at some of the potential future of the USWNT

@kingsboy11 I know you are in tune with the NWSL so will you be watching

I'm not as in tune with the youth side of the women's game as I am with the mens, but If I do watch it will mostly be for Olivia Moultrie and how she does. I'm very curious to see how she performs. So far she's off to a good start.

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
Canada did not look good against S. Korea. They've got a couple of strong looking prospects for the senior team (esp. Jade Rose), but otherwise seemed to lack the technical skill and vision necessary to compete against quality opposition.

I'm hoping this was just a case of the opening night jitters, but I'm not feeling encouraged about Canada's chances atm.

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver

France eliminates Canada at U-20 Women's World Cup​

2 second-half goals by Magnaba Folquet help beat Canadian women​

Canada's U20 women's team has been thoroughly outclassed so far. They've not shown well at all against S. Korea and France. I'm not sure what the bigger issue is at this point: subpar coaching or a lack of technical ability on the part of the players.

As the British commentator has been at pains to point out, it's one thing to beat up on the likes of Cayman Islands but it's quite another to compete against quality opposition.

Anyways, a couple of the U20 squad looks like they have chance to make it to the senior team, which is probably all that matters in the long run.

Sep 19, 2008
US almost certainly won't advance from group stage after Japan extends their lead to 2-0 over the US. With Netherlands beating Ghana, the US is squarely in 3rd place and in serious danger of not advancing.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
We are at the knockout stage now.. so far Spain and Brazil have advanced to the semifinals elminating columbia and mexico... Netherlands vs Nigeria is on right now and the dutch are winning 1-0 after 27 mins... the winner gets Spain in the semis... Japan vs france will be later tonight

Sep 19, 2008
The ending to Japan - France was chaotic. FOX sports just showed the replay.

Game goes to extra time. France score. 3-2.

France seconds from winning. Japan takes a shot, denied. But the refs call a very late penalty on France, since the keeper had tapped a Japanese player as she was clearing the ball and the contact was deemed a foul.

Japan score pk, game goes to penalties. Japan wins in penalties, 5-3.

This may have been the best ending to a women's game since the 2011? Wambach header in extra time tied the game against Brazil (US proceeded to win in shootout)

Reactions: hockey20000

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad