Under or over 45 points for Nick Suzuki this year?

Under or over 45 points for Nick Suzuki?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
45 points in 56 games is a 0.8 PPG, equals about 65 points in an 82 game season. I have him hitting at least 45 points. The guy is a stud.

update: 9 points in 9 games

Last edited:

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Habs fan here, going for under. Let's not forget that Suzuki plays with an inconsistent Drouin and a new linemate who struggled last year... I would be happy to be wrong.

Reactions: TychoFan

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I got him right around there if he stays healthy. I voted under just because I don’t think many players will play every game this season due to fatigue, rest, COVID, injuries, etc.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I think he'll be around a 60ish point pace so voted the under, especially with more potential for missed games with covid, but I don't think he'll be too far off.

Bleeker

Mar 6, 2011
Middle Earth
People obviously havent been watching this player if they took the under.
Its not that. 45 points represent 65 points on a 82 games season. Thats a lot for a 2nd year player and especially playing for a team like the Habs. Their offense is spread on 3 solid lines.
They will probably have alot of players with good numbers but none with exceptional numbers.
That being said, if one player gets 45 points, my money is on him

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
I think just under but he'll be sound defensively. I'm not sure I like the Habs having this guy tbh. Next year would be a good time to break out and become the 70 point two way guy I expect him to be.

A really promising player.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Its not that. 45 points represent 65 points on a 82 games season. Thats a lot for a 2nd year player and especially playing for a team like the Habs. Their offense is spread on 3 solid lines.
They will probably have alot of players with good numbers but none with exceptional numbers.
That being said, if one player gets 45 points, my money is on him
Yeah I mean, I understand the number. But appreciate what you're saying I just can't remember a guy that thinks the game like him. The skill is an added bonus. He is just everywhere, as a sens fan that had the opportunity to watch Mark Stone evolve and his game is built on hockey sense. Suzuki is even better at a young age while playing a more valuable position. The puck follows them around the ice.

Reactions: Jesperi Suzuki

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
People obviously havent been watching this player if they took the under.
He looks perfectly fine as a player. Its just high exoectations. Hes still young. Posters on this board frequently drastically overestimate 18 to 21 year old kids and the impact theyll have.

It takes, at minimum, the eichel, matthews laine type player to step into the lineup and score 60 plus points. Typically it takes a few years. Its the same with stutzle. If he scores 20 points this year thats beating expectations. Not because hes bad but because hes a child.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
This entire season will be much more intense. Cimplete disarray will turn intobstretch run and playoff hockey at the 20 game mark.

I've enjoyed shortened seasons in the past. Individual games matter that much more.

With so many back-to-backs and mini-series, it's going to be a rollercoaster when teams sweep other teams.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
He looks perfectly fine as a player. Its just high exoectations. Hes still young. Posters on this board frequently drastically overestimate 18 to 21 year old kids and the impact theyll have.

It takes, at minimum, the eichel, matthews laine type player to step into the lineup and score 60 plus points. Typically it takes a few years. Its the same with stutzle. If he scores 20 points this year thats beating expectations. Not because hes bad but because hes a child.
He has arrived and will be in that top eschelon of players for a long time.

Reactions: Gravity

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
He has arrived and will be in that top eschelon of players for a long time.
Oh yes im sure he will be point per game thisbyear, we know this as a certainty because he won the rookie of the year in the german league and scored 8 points against swiss and slovakian teens.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I've enjoyed shortened seasons in the past. Individual games matter that much more.

With so many back-to-backs and mini-series, it's going to be a rollercoaster when teams sweep other teams.

REmind sme of the MLB season in that regard, so much more volatility with divisional play and major point swings and all it takes is an underdog to go on a 15-20 game streak to REALLY throw things for a loop.

Reactions: NyQuil
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad