OT: Under Construction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
As much as it would suck if you suddenly lost your job, I hope it is job related and not "something bad wrong with the family and I have to come home" related
It's not really either one, I'm just dealing with some mental/anxiety problems. I'm not a danger or anything haha I'm just better off being where I'm most familiar. Plus I think I'd like to go back to college and it would be really bad to lose my Tennessee residency.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
It's not really either one, I'm just dealing with some mental/anxiety problems. I'm not a danger or anything haha I'm just better off being where I'm most familiar. Plus I think I'd like to go back to college and it would be really bad to lose my Tennessee residency.

Good deal that it's not a tragedy. And dont feel bad about coming home. Lots of people go away and realize that it's not where they want or need to be. The miserable ones are the ones who for whatever reason convince themselves that they cant or shouldnt go back. Keep your head up and you'll be fine.

Reactions: Viqsi and Drake744

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Good deal that it's not a tragedy. And dont feel bad about coming home. Lots of people go away and realize that it's not where they want or need to be. The miserable ones are the ones who for whatever reason convince themselves that they cant or shouldnt go back. Keep your head up and you'll be fine.

Yup happened to me. I left Tennessee for 2 years and moved to Atlanta, I'll never leave again. Also I would gladly participate in a reenactment of burning Atlanta ( sorry for those that live there, I hate the damn place with a passion ).

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Yup happened to me. I left Tennessee for 2 years and moved to Atlanta, I'll never leave again. Also I would gladly participate in a reenactment of burning Atlanta ( sorry for those that live there, I hate the damn place with a passion ).
I feel that way regarding my time in Alabama. I ... did not belong there. I visit still, because my mother and sister live there, but I would not live there unless it was dire circumstances.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Hope you are able to get the help you need, Drake. Best wishes.
I appreciate it. I've lived in California for awhile before and all was well being away from home but this was just a perfect storm of what could go wrong.....has. I'll be okay. I don't have a single bad word to say about Seattle and the surrounding area, but when you hit a roadblock, you hit a roadblock.

OriginalName

Aug 22, 2016
Imabari, Japan
Off-topic even for an off-topic thread, but I just got done with a video chat with Momma Adz and something came up that reminded me of the absolutely absurd first-season commercial featuring who I believe was celebrated Preds alumni and future Bank Robbing Hall-of-Famer Patrick Cote eating a rotten banana, comparing its bruised peel with the battered physique of a hockey player. Like, "I only eat tough bananas", and then, if the memory from my then still-forming brain serves me correctly, he bit right through the banana peel and all.

I could be misremembering something here or there, but do any older fans remember this? I still laugh so hard at it for being easily the most bizarre thing the Preds' marketing team ever came up with. "Right, I know that Tennessee is college football country, but check it out, we got French Canadians eating spoiled bananas. Dial 770-Puck."

Reactions: Adz

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I left twitter and it feels so good. Like gaining sanity. Also, NOW, everyone i the world wants to hire me it seems like. Oh well, another chance to work in hockey.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I left twitter and it feels so good. Like gaining sanity. Also, NOW, everyone i the world wants to hire me it seems like. Oh well, another chance to work in hockey.

What kind of things happen on twitter that makes leaving it feel good? I mainly use it for an easy way to get news regarding a wide variety of topics. I don't really participate though so maybe that's the difference?

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
What kind of things happen on twitter that makes leaving it feel good? I mainly use it for an easy way to get news regarding a wide variety of topics. I don't really participate though so maybe that's the difference?

Too much politic. I have constant screaming from both sides of the political spectrum and I'm at the point of a pox on both your house with both political parties.

Reactions: LCPreds

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
FYI today is Goalie Boy's birthday.

You don't really want to know...but he's 28. Yeah, life comes at you fast doesn't it?

Reactions: PredsV82

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Too much politic. I have constant screaming from both sides of the political spectrum and I'm at the point of a pox on both your house with both political parties.
I try to not unfollow people just out of principle, but if someone or something really annoys me that much I'll do it. That seems to work pretty well for me.

Reactions: Adz

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Off-topic even for an off-topic thread, but I just got done with a video chat with Momma Adz and something came up that reminded me of the absolutely absurd first-season commercial featuring who I believe was celebrated Preds alumni and future Bank Robbing Hall-of-Famer Patrick Cote eating a rotten banana, comparing its bruised peel with the battered physique of a hockey player. Like, "I only eat tough bananas", and then, if the memory from my then still-forming brain serves me correctly, he bit right through the banana peel and all.

I could be misremembering something here or there, but do any older fans remember this? I still laugh so hard at it for being easily the most bizarre thing the Preds' marketing team ever came up with. "Right, I know that Tennessee is college football country, but check it out, we got French Canadians eating spoiled bananas. Dial 770-Puck."
I totally missed this when you posted it.

I vaguely remember that one and one that compared hockey to auto racing. And of course the series including Vokoun and his little blue car was classic. My favorite of those was the one where he went to the oil change place as part of his list of chores for the day. He showed the attendant what he needed done and the list was all in Czech.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
"Hockey is very physical sport. Thass why the Prrers rely on the doctors at Baptis Spors Medicine"

- Vokoun
That was the one where he had about 3 feet to skate in and turn. And then he had that big grin. Ha ha! So awkward (and adorable.)

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Of course, it may not matter anyway, but as soon as I move back to Nashville I basically get a job offer from a company in Seattle that was all over me for two months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->