Status
Not open for further replies.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Good job, Jonesey!

I read about a site you could go to to see video of things that were on the Jumbotron during games and I didn't need it THEN. But I may now since they interviewed my granddaughter (and me, but mostly her) for something about Valentine's Day. Anyone know what site that is?

Reactions: Jonesey

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
Random question.

Anyone know where I can get some of the helmet number stickers that we used on the navy helmets with the new font? Trying to get numbers on my new helmet.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Done with taxes and compilations for others to use for taxes--yay! The return for Goalie Boy was kind of a bear, just because of all the extra hoops you have to jump through since it's foreign income, but all in all I think the new forms are a little easier to fill out. Wish they'd make them fill in again. I've noticed that all the government entities (state and federal) that used to have fill in versions of all their forms have removed that feature. Wonder why?

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I think it would be ill advised to take a brand name that has been cultivated for 20+ years and change it, despite there being two meanings to the word "predator". If I were naming a team today I would certainly consider the Sabercats or another name over it. I'm not completely sold on Sabercats, though. It's okay, just kind of meh.

As for this fan base, we kind of thumb our noses at the status quo, but the reality is that anyone with a brain knows that the Nashville Predators refers to the animal kind of predator, not the skeezy human kind.

Also, how could we be the Perds or the Puddles if we were the Sabercats?

Reactions: Viqsi

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
It's an interesting premise. I can see why they would suggest the change.

But, I don't get the over reaction by people. It's a class project, it's not a real petition. They do it every year and with a number of different teams. This group just wanted to do something different from the same old Braves, Redskins, etc.

However, from the pictures that were tweeted out, one of the guys in this group has on a Red Wings jersey, that's an automatic ''F" for me.

Reactions: Viqsi

53or8

Nov 20, 2016
It's an interesting premise. I can see why they would suggest the change.

But, I don't get the over reaction by people. It's a class project, it's not a real petition. They do it every year and with a number of different teams. This group just wanted to do something different from the same old Braves, Redskins, etc.

However, from the pictures that were tweeted out, one of the guys in this group has on a Red Wings jersey, that's an automatic ''F" for me.

I just thought it was interesting

If someone wants to add it to one of the main forums.as im not a nashville fan

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Do any of you do the Rock n Roll Nashville run or Country Music Marathon or whatever we call it now?

I’m not sure how I just came to this conclusion but we might have a situation worse than SCF plus CMA brewing in late April.

NFL Draft runs Wed - Sat
Marathon is Sat
(Hopefully) Preds playoffs in the mix there.

Going to be extremely interesting logistics getting into and out of downtown for the marathon that day, not to mention packet pick up leading up to Sat.

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
Had NBC on after the news and Wheel tonight is from folks in and around Nashville. When David from Murfreesboro was ask to name something good about Murfreesboro he paused and said "It's near Nashville"

I'm sure the Murfreesboro Chamber of Commerce is so proud!

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Had NBC on after the news and Wheel tonight is from folks in and around Nashville. When David from Murfreesboro was ask to name something good about Murfreesboro he paused and said "It's near Nashville"

I'm sure the Murfreesboro Chamber of Commerce is so proud!

Just saw that and was coming to post that. Laughed so hard.

Reactions: adsfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad