OT: Under Construction

Status
Not open for further replies.

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
As a teenager I got to go to Churchill on the Hudson Bay. It was late June and I was in my Atlanta winter coat and the local kids were swimming in the bay, ice still seen on the horizon. Definitely what you are used to.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I remember when I lived in Florida it would get into the 50s and people were walking around in heavy coats. I get it because you get accustomed to certain weather but it was still funny

My first vacation was when I was 8 and our parents took us to Disney World. The first 5 days were typical Florida weather in February, 80 and sunny and predictably the crowds were huge. The last 2 days though it was like 55-60 with a drizzle and the place was a ghost town.

Or when Wisconsin played Miami in the Citrus Bowl and it was in the 50s, the Badgers came out in short sleeves and the Hurricanes came out like the game was being played in Madison. :laugh:

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
When Logan and I went to Calgary in...2003?... it was July 4. It was spitting snow one of the days but the other was a "balmy" 17 degrees C (62 F) with a northern wind. We were freezing both days. We had our jerseys with us or we'd have been completely miserable. While the southerners were bundling up, the Calgarians were wearing spaghetti straps and shorts, reveling in the warm weather. We came to the agreement that 1) We did not know "cold" and 2) Calgarians didn't know "hot".

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I remember when I lived in Florida it would get into the 50s and people were walking around in heavy coats. I get it because you get accustomed to certain weather but it was still funny

I was in Deerfield Beach about 20 years ago. It went down to 41 F there and in Miami. The weather was the lead story on the news just like in Milwaukee when it is -20 F. My kids were rolling around on the floor laughing. By noon, it was 68 F and I took the kids down to the heated pool. We were the only 3 people in the water for an entire hour. There were about 10 adults on the pool deck, but none of them put a toe in the water.

If it is 45 F and sunny in Milwaukee, you see people walking around wearing Bermuda shorts.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I was in Deerfield Beach about 20 years ago. It went down to 41 F there and in Miami. The weather was the lead story on the news just like in Milwaukee when it is -20 F. My kids were rolling around on the floor laughing. By noon, it was 68 F and I took the kids down to the heated pool. We were the only 3 people in the water for an entire hour. There were about 10 adults on the pool deck, but none of them put a toe in the water.

If it is 45 F and sunny in Milwaukee, you see people walking around wearing Bermuda shorts.
I lived in Deerfield Beach haha. When we had that "cold snap", it was definitely the lead story everywhere. The Miami Herald had its front page headline as "Frigid Weekend Looming" with a graphic of the highs and lows for the next 4 days. The highs were somewhere between 55 and 65 or something and even at night it was pretty chilly I'll be honest. The word choice of "frigid" was funny though. I remember one night it was probably in the low to mid 40s and the power in the houses went out all down our street and possibly the whole neighborhood. I don't know how power surges work but it was odd timing at the least.

I remember there was an Orange Bowl game that was the coldest on record. Kickoff temperature was 49. (I looked it up. January 5, 2010. Had to be unnaturally cold in other regions if it was that chilly in Miami.)

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I lived in Deerfield Beach haha. When we had that "cold snap", it was definitely the lead story everywhere. The Miami Herald had its front page headline as "Frigid Weekend Looming" with a graphic of the highs and lows for the next 4 days. The highs were somewhere between 55 and 65 or something and even at night it was pretty chilly I'll be honest. The word choice of "frigid" was funny though. I remember one night it was probably in the low to mid 40s and the power in the houses went out all down our street and possibly the whole neighborhood. I don't know how power surges work but it was odd timing at the least.

I remember there was an Orange Bowl game that was the coldest on record. Kickoff temperature was 49. (I looked it up. January 5, 2010. Had to be unnaturally cold in other regions of it was that chilly in Miami.)

I believe that we posted about this a few years ago. Good times!

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I'm not looking forward to German weather

I have heard that Bavaria has extreme highs and lows and that Bremen is much more moderate.

It was 103 in Frankfurt in August 2015.

That kind of sounds like Milwaukee, Nashville and Rapid City respectively.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
I have heard that Bavaria has extreme highs and lows and that Bremen is much more moderate.

It was 103 in Frankfurt in August 2015.

That kind of sounds like Milwaukee, Nashville and Rapid City respectively.

There was snow piled up on the hood of my truck when I got back here. Quite the change from the Florida panhandle for the past month.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
OK, me vs other guy's insurance company:

Me: That's all you are offering? You hit me!

Insurance company: That's it.

*put my dementia riddled, cranky mom on phone*

insurance company: Oh f*** me! Ok, we will add another $1,000!

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I just wanted to post these somewhere because they make me laugh. I don't know if any of you have ever seen the Canadian TV show Letterkenny but these two guys are in it. These aren't scenes from the show but anyone who's a hockey fan will appreciate this sarcasm towards hockey player interviews.

(NSFW)

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
Completely OT but this time of year I've often got several dozen turkey out my kitchen window. Today I set a new record of over 110 at one time. Including two of these leucistic individuals.

upload_2019-2-10_18-8-33.png

Reactions: LCPreds

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
My wife's school is having their 6th Snow Day. We got 7 inches or more of wet snow so far. I am staying home because getting off my block is probably the hard part of going to work. Now that it is 8:30 AM, I am actually seeing some traffic on the main road, rather than none at 7:30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad