Prospect Info: Under 25 y/o Sens Players Ranking #8

Who will be the 8th best among Sens players under 25 y/o?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Just shows you where the tiers are.
Tier 1:
Chabot
Tier 2:
Tkachuk
Brannstrom
Batherson
Tier 3:
White
Brown
Tier 4:
Wolanin
JBD
One thing I’ve noticed is that people typically are underrating current NHL players; Tierney probably deserves more love given that he’s on pace to finish with 50+ pts at 24.
Agreed but these are just best guess projections, nobody knows for sure where these guys finally end up in the NHL but it's as good a guess as any. IMO Wolanin & Brown could end up in the 2nd tier but who knows for sure?

Reactions: Micklebot

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Just shows you where the tiers are.
Tier 1:
Chabot
Tier 2:
Tkachuk
Brannstrom
Batherson
Tier 3:
White
Brown
Tier 4:
Wolanin
JBD
One thing I’ve noticed is that people typically are underrating current NHL players; Tierney probably deserves more love given that he’s on pace to finish with 50+ pts at 24.

Agreed .. its also about who's left on the list .. Tkachuk had to beat out Batherson , who almost everyone really likes and the shiniest new toy Brannstrom.. so the vote gets more split; Similar with White and Brown who got the lions share of the votes but split them. I like your tier explanation.

Reactions: DrEasy

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
That’s the fun about it, we could look at this list in 3-4 years and see what were the surprises and disappointments
Let's for example bring up the year I kept voting for Stone and yet he kept getting past on round after round! But let's not look at those where I was pimping Prince. ;)

Reactions: Xspyrit

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I like JBD here ; but Jaros deserves some more love as well. He's a keeper.

This is a very tough part of the list. There are several guys who are surefire NHLers:
Jaros
Tierney
Lajoie
Formenton
Norris

Then you have others who are very likely:
JBD
Balcers
Veronneau
Hogberg

And then you have guys who are less certain but have high or reasonably high upside:
Abramov
Crookshank
Chlapik
Davidsson
Tychonick
Gustavsson
Daccord

And then you have Duclair who could fit in either the top category or the bottom one. Depending on what you value, you could reasonably choose a guy from any category as the next guy. So much depth and a lot of variance in terms of the guys up for consideration!

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
It's crazy to think we already have 20-25 NHLers under 25 y/o in the system. Now it's a question of how good they can become. I have a lot of faith in Sens drafting and wouldn't be surprised if some boom like Karlsson did (Chabot) or Stone/Hoffman (Batherson/Crookshank)

Let's for example bring up the year I kept voting for Stone and yet he kept getting past on round after round! But let's not look at those where I was pimping Prince. ;)

Do you remember how high I was on Andre Petersson? Or when I thought that Hoffman would end up like Prince did (cup of coffee, never could really establish himself). I was right on Stone and Karlsson though. And thanks to EK, I made a pretty coin on Ebay.

Last edited:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
The poll states the players that have the best chance of sticking around after this rebuild & who will end up the best. This is who I think sticks around & will turn out the best.

1. Chabot LD
2. Tkachuk LW
3. Brown C
4. Batherson RW
5. White C
6. Wolanin LD
7. Brannstrom LD
8. Formenton LW
9. Norris C/LW
10. JBD RD
11. Jaros RD
12. Veronneau RW
13. Tierny C/Chlapik C/LW (1 probably not both)
15. Hogberg G / Gustavsson G / Daccord G ???
16. Paul C/LW
17. Harpur LD / Englund LD
Maybe still here - Duclair, Lajoie, Balcers
Draft Picks - Moritz Seider RD 2019 draft & Quinton Byfield C/RW 2020 draft

Using this list, best players at their position:
Tkachuk - Brown - Batherson
Formenton - White - Byfield (2020 1st rd pick)
Norris - Chlapik - Veronneau
Duclair - Paul - Balcers (Foote/Leason/Brazeau)

2019 2nd rd pick - Nolan Foote LW or Brett Leason RW
2019 free agent - Justin Brazeau RW)

Chabot - JBD
Wolanin - Jaros
Brannstrom - Seider/Harpur (Seider 2019 1st rd pick)

Hogberg - Gustavsson/Daccord

Last edited:
Reactions: Xspyrit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->