Prospect Info: Under 25 y/o Sens Players Ranking #8

Who will be the 8th best among Sens players under 25 y/o?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Let's have a bit of fun and change our minds since most of our best players got sold. Let's rank the young guys that have a chance to stick around through this "rebuild". Let's vote by who we think end up the best "when all is said and done". All factors have to be taken into account (skill, skating, hockey sense, potential, certainty, leadership, physicality, etc)

Ask yourself this question :

Who among this pool of players would I draft BPA? It's basically an organizational RE-DRAFT of all players under 25 y/o. Who are our most important assets, in order?

Under 25 y/o Sens Players Ranking

1- Thomas Chabot (D) 91.7%
2- Brady Tkachuk (LW) 37.3%

3- Erik Brännström (D) 70.8%
4- Drake Batherson (RW) 70.8%

5- Colin White (C/RW) 48.1 %
6- Logan Brown (C) 67.4%
7- Christian Wolanin (D) 61.2% (Tie-Breaker)
8-

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
No love for our goalie prospects :P
split.gif

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Yes I too think Wolanin is under-rated in this poll.

He got voted 7th...

I mean, who should he be voted before? Chabot? Tkachuk? Batherson? Brannstrom? Brown? White? :huh:

It's weird because I have been pumping his tires for a long time and now I am trying to slow the hype train.

It really is not looking good. Had a lot a hope for Gusty. Hope that Hog can do it.

Daccord is only 22 and had a MONSTER year in the NCAA. He is now the best Sens goalie prospect IMO. Gustvasson is not far behind even though he has a bit of a slow start to his NA career. He is only 20 and already has 1 AHL season under his belt. We can take our time to develop him. Hogberg is finally finding his game in NA but let's not forget he is already 24. Those 3 are good goalie prospects but we currently have several D-men and forwards who have star, top-6 and top-4 potential.

Goalies make a difference of course (and I can testify as I am one) but it's not the same as other positions because only one can play at once, vs 12 forwards vs 6 D-men. There's many great/good/decent goalies and only a few roster spots available so that is why they don't hold the same value in the league. Supply and demand, RHD and skilled centers have the most value for the same reason.

Norris, Abramov and a few others will get my vote before I start to voting Daccord.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
He got voted 7th...

I mean, who should he be voted before? Chabot? Tkachuk? Batherson? Brannstrom? Brown? White? :huh:

It's weird because I have been pumping his tires for a long time and now I am trying to slow the hype train.

Daccord is only 22 and had a MONSTER year in the NCAA. He is now the best Sens goalie prospect IMO. Gustvasson is not far behind even though he has a bit of a slow start to his NA career. He is only 20 and already has 1 AHL season under his belt. We can take our time to develop him. Hogberg is finally finding his game in NA but let's not forget he is already 24. Those 3 are good goalie prospects but we currently have several D-men and forwards who have star, top-6 and top-4 potential.

Goalies make a difference of course (and I can testify as I am one) but it's not the same as other positions because only one can play at once, vs 12 forwards vs 6 D-men. There's many great/good/decent goalies and only a few roster spots available so that is why they don't hold the same value in the league. Supply and demand, RHD and skilled centers have the most value for the same reason.

Norris, Abramov and a few others will get my vote before I start to voting Daccord.

At 24 and with the year he is having, i think Hogberg is ready for prime time next year. I have my fingers crossed that we move Andy, sign Nilsson and have a Nilsson Hogberg combo next year

WaitingInVain

Jul 5, 2012
At 24 and with the year he is having, i think Hogberg is ready for prime time next year. I have my fingers crossed that we move Andy, sign Nilsson and have a Nilsson Hogberg combo next year

My hope as well, but another team has to buy in to the fact that Andy still has gas in the tank. Pretty clear that he didn't want to be here this year - even without him saying before the season that he wanted to be traded - and his performance spoke to that reality. Sure, you could gamble that Andy might have a strong year on a contender, but you'd have to think that teams will come calling only if they lose their starter.

On the flipside, if you're looking to tank for next year too then Andy is your guy. Pretty clear that Nilsson has provided the quality starts and the team plays with confidence when he is guarding the net.

So, all-in-all roll with Andy until he gets injured and let Hogberg get some valuable experience with some growing pains for good measure. Keep Condon as an AHL call-up to ensure the tank is in good hands.

Last edited:

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
My hope as well, but another team has to buy in to the fact that Andy still has gas in the tank. Pretty clear that he didn't want to be here this year - even without him saying before the season that he wanted to be traded - and his performance betrayed that reality. Sure, you could gamble that Andy might have a strong year on a contender, but you'd have to think that teams will come calling only if they lose their starter.

On the flipside, if you're looking to tank for next year too then Andy is your guy. Pretty clear that Nilsson has provided the quality starts and the team plays with confidence when he is guarding the net.

So, all-in-all roll with Andy until he gets injured and let Hogberg get some valuable experience with some growing pains for good measure. Keep Condon as an AHL call-up to ensure the tank is in good hands.

I think we should move Andy anywhere in to a vet backup role and eat a large chunk of his salary. the cap hit helps us anyway

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Docker but at what point do you not put in your proven ~ 40-50 point 24 year old player?

8th in the prospect list? He's gotta go now or 2nd after Docker.

I absolutely get the logic in this, and he'll probably go lower than he should in this poll. All that being said, if people are voting strictly off upside I have no issue with Tierney going outside of the top-10 (or even top-15 although that may be pushing it).

Personally, I see him as more of a placeholder than part of the core moving forward and should be rated as such. If people think he's going to be part of the teams top-nine for the next 5+ years he obviously needs to be voted for sooner than later.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Interesting that Tkachuk & White both won their round with the lowest percentage of people voting for them.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I absolutely get the logic in this, and he'll probably go lower than he should in this poll. All that being said, if people are voting strictly off upside I have no issue with Tierney going outside of the top-10 (or even top-15 although that may be pushing it).

Personally, I see him as more of a placeholder than part of the core moving forward and should be rated as such. If people think he's going to be part of the teams top-nine for the next 5+ years he obviously needs to be voted for sooner than later.

Exactly. Right now Tierney is doing well and he’s capable but I think he will eventually get passed on the depth chart by some of the youngsters that we’re going to vote before him. Nice problem to have as we should sell high on him and get some interesting picks to try and hit a homerun.

« Being proven » is really not the sole factor to consider.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
It's pretty exciting to see how deep this list is. Having guys like Norris and Formenton possibly not making the top ten is pretty incredible.

I haven't voted for him yet either, but Tierney is about to have a 50 point season and he's only 24. If we draft well the next few years this team could be incredible; shame we won't be adding Hughes this summer.

No love for our goalie prospects :P
I try to never get excited about goalie prospects lol. They're just so impossible to predict.

Reactions: NB613

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Interesting that Tkachuk & White both won their round with the lowest percentage of people voting for them.
Just shows you where the tiers are.
Tier 1:
Chabot
Tier 2:
Tkachuk
Brannstrom
Batherson
Tier 3:
White
Brown
Tier 4:
Wolanin
JBD
One thing I’ve noticed is that people typically are underrating current NHL players; Tierney probably deserves more love given that he’s on pace to finish with 50+ pts at 24.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Just shows you where the tiers are.
Tier 1:
Chabot
Tier 2:
Tkachuk
Brannstrom
Batherson
Tier 3:
White
Brown
Tier 4:
Wolanin
JBD
One thing I’ve noticed is that people typically are underrating current NHL players; Tierney probably deserves more love given that he’s on pace to finish with 50+ pts at 24.
Agreed, it's hard to rank current players with prospects, outside of our obvious core going forward of Chabot and Brady.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad