Prospect Info: Under 25 y/o Sens Players Ranking #7 - Tie Breaker

Who will be the 7th best among Sens players under 25 y/o?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Let's have a bit of fun and change our minds since most of our best players got sold. Let's rank the young guys that have a chance to stick around through this "rebuild". Let's vote by who we think end up the best "when all is said and done". All factors have to be taken into account (skill, skating, hockey sense, potential, certainty, leadership, physicality, etc)

Ask yourself this question :

Who among this pool of players would I draft BPA? It's basically an organizational RE-DRAFT of all players under 25 y/o. Who are our most important assets, in order?

Under 25 y/o Sens Players Ranking

1- Thomas Chabot (D) 91.7%
2- Brady Tkachuk (LW) 37.3%

3- Erik Brännström (D) 70.8%
4- Drake Batherson (RW) 70.8%

5- Colin White (C/RW) 48.1 %
6- Logan Brown (C) 67.4%
7-

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Let's vote by who we think end up the best "when all is said and done".

Whoops, I've been voting "the best players now" all along.

Should have read OP 7 threads ago.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Whoops, I've been voting "the best players now" all along.

Should have read OP 7 threads ago.

Yeah also said "re-draft"... I mean when you do a re-draft, do you pick the guy who will have the best start of his career or overall career?

I'm a bigger Wolanin fan than JBD, but I'm voting the latter because I think he ends up being more important to the team.

Reactions: aragorn

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Yeah also said "re-draft"... I mean when you do a re-draft, do you pick the guy who will have the best start of his career or overall career?

I'm a bigger Wolanin fan than JBD, but I'm voting the latter because I think he ends up being more important to the team.

Based on? How did you come to this? Gut feel?

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Based on? How did you come to this? Gut feel?

Actually, I flipped a coin :sarcasm:

Seriously, I make decisions based on many factors and not just one thing. In this case, it's based on a lot of things. Wolanin is great but he is turning 24 y/o in 2 days, he is close to his peak even though he has very little NHL experience. I see him as a nice offensive 2nd pairing D-man, not sure how good the rest of his game can become yet. JBD is still only 18 and has had a great college rookie season. I know he's been scratched lately but I don't mind the ups and downs, it's normal in a development curve and adversity is what makes you stronger. JBD has the skillset to become a very good player in today's NHL but what makes him likely to become a NHL player is his smarts. I haven't seen him live yet, only had access to internet footage but from what you can see and read about him, he seems very promising. Not necessarily the big offensive D-man but a strong 2-way like we have needed for quite some time.

Note : I see Wolanin as a Wideman deluxe : bigger, faster, smarter, so hopefully better defensively and who can take more responsibilities. JBD I don't know, I have a Bouwmeester vibe about him.

Sentron5000

Mar 24, 2010
Please sign Wolanin for a long term deal....this is where the team can really save money.

Top 4 d-man already with upside.

If JBD becomes as good as Wolanin we would all be happy.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I love Wolanin and I have been on his train for a while but is he really going to end up the 7th best player on this list? I doubt it

Crystal balls man... they don't all work the same. He is good enough and shows enough promise right now. I really didn't like the current choice of our PM or our Premier here in ON but .. the voters spoke.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
After tonight's game I feel like changing my vote to Wolanin. But I'll stick with JBD for consistency's sake.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I'm thinking Wolanin can become our Krug. College player. Bit of a later start. Smaller in stature whose strength is skating. I think he's paid his dues in the A. He belongs here. It'll be good for him to get an AHL playoff run though

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Hard to compared to JBD havent seen much of him but i wanted Wolanin over Brown so im sticking with him.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Crystal balls man... they don't all work the same. He is good enough and shows enough promise right now. I really didn't like the current choice of our PM or our Premier here in ON but .. the voters spoke.
His talent is very obvious, hard to imagine people that watch this team consistently dont see it. You cant teach that type of skill and poise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad