Prospect Info: Under 25 y/o Sens Players Ranking #6

Who will be the 6th best among Sens players under 25 y/o?

• Angus Crookshank (LW)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chris Tierney (C)

• Jonathan Davidsson (RW)

• Anthony Duclair (LW/RW)

• Jonny Tychonick (D)

• Maxime Lajoie (D)

• Joel Daccord (G)

• Marcus Högberg (G)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Let's have a bit of fun and change our minds since most of our best players got sold. Let's rank the young guys that have a chance to stick around through this "rebuild". Let's vote by who we think end up the best "when all is said and done". All factors have to be taken into account (skill, skating, hockey sense, potential, certainty, leadership, physicality, etc)

Ask yourself this question :

Who among this pool of players would I draft BPA? It's basically an organizational RE-DRAFT of all players under 25 y/o. Who are our most important assets, in order?

Under 25 y/o Sens Players Ranking

1- Thomas Chabot (D) 91.7%
2- Brady Tkachuk (LW) 37.3%

3- Erik Brännström (D) 70.8%
4- Drake Batherson (RW) 70.8%

5- Colin White (C/RW) 48.1 %
6-

Last edited:

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I guess I'm in the minority, but I really think Wolanin is gonna be an impact player

Considering the strength of the prospect pool we could have 10-12 impact players in our system. Some of them are less likely to reach their ceiling than others, which is where the tiers come in. I mean JBD is a 1st round pick whose stock has only gone up since being drafted and he didn't even get a sniff for a top-six spot.

I'm high on Wolanin too, and might even vote for him next round, but I don't think it's a surprise to see him outside the top-six prospects in the system.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Brown has been very good this year, and is younger, but I see a good top 4 D in Wolanin. I'm a big fan.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I guess I'm in the minority, but I really think Wolanin is gonna be an impact player

He'll have trouble cracking the PP with Chabot and Brannstrom ahead of him. Maybe they load up unit one, and Wolanin can QB unit two.

Right now, we need JBD to become a legit first pairing guy to play with Chabot or Brannstrom. If that happens, and Wolanin ends up as an impact guy as you're predicting, the D corps could be pretty darn good...

Chabot - JBD
Brannstrom - Jaros
Wolanin - ???

That's 5 guys with varying degrees of top 4 potential. Heck, even if that last guy is Ceci as a bottom pair RD, that's pretty nice looking, though we lack a traditional shutdown pair.

Anyhow, I voted Brown. He's got the highest upside imo. After him, Wolanin and JBD, as I value D a bit more than centers.

Tierney and Norris probably deserve some consideration too... I'm not a big fan of Tierney, but I got to admit, he's on pace for 50 pts, so even if you move him down the line and shave of some pts as a result, that still a good middle six forward.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
He'll have trouble cracking the PP with Chabot and Brannstrom ahead of him. Maybe they load up unit one, and Wolanin can QB unit two.

Right now, we need JBD to become a legit first pairing guy to play with Chabot or Brannstrom. If that happens, and Wolanin ends up as an impact guy as you're predicting, the D corps could be pretty darn good...

Chabot - JBD
Brannstrom - Jaros
Wolanin - ???

That's 5 guys with varying degrees of top 4 potential. Heck, even if that last guy is Ceci as a bottom pair RD, that's pretty nice looking, though we lack a traditional shutdown pair.

Anyhow, I voted Brown. He's got the highest upside imo. After him, Wolanin and JBD, as I value D a bit more than centers.

Tierney and Norris probably deserve some consideration too... I'm not a big fan of Tierney, but I got to admit, he's on pace for 50 pts, so even if you move him down the line and shave of some pts as a result, that still a good middle six forward.

Be nice is Moritz Seider would fall to us with the Columbus pick, especially if they miss the Playoffs so we move that slot higher.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011

Chabot - JBD
Brannstrom - Jaros
Wolanin - ???

I think Wolanin has the potentially to be a good #4 too. But he's probably going to be redundant playing behind Brannstrom and Chabot as an offensive LD. I think Lajoie will end up being a better fit there, even as soon as next year.

Chabot - DeMelo
Brannstrom - Jaros/Ceci
Lajoie - Ceci/Jaros
Boro

A couple years down the road:

Chabot - DeMelo/???
Brannstrom - JBD
Lajoie- Jaros
Tychonick

I'd wait to see how a new coach feels about it but I'd look at moving Wolanin soon-ish in hopes of trying to get a similar prospect at RD.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
Seeing some JBD love here but not understanding it. Hasn't he been scratched multiple times recently?

I freely admit to not having seen him play yet so maybe I'm missing something.

WaitingInVain

Jul 5, 2012
I'd wait to see how a new coach feels about it but I'd look at moving Wolanin soon-ish in hopes of trying to get a similar prospect at RD.

I agree with your post, but would like to add that it will be Wolanin+ to get an equivalent RD prospect as they are tougher to find and thereby have greater value.

I think it will be more like Wolanin + Balcers/Tierney + Draft Pick. I would pay through the nose to get a legit top line RD.

My pick is Gustavsson.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I went Wolanin as well. He needs a boost. Expect Brown to take this one.. and I have no issues with that.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
Seeing some JBD love here but not understanding it. Hasn't he been scratched multiple times recently?

I freely admit to not having seen him play yet so maybe I'm missing something.
Brown should be over him 100% here, but JBD is doing pretty darn well as an 18 year old in the NCAA. He's on their 2nd pairing at ND. I think he'll be a very good two-way guy, and I'd vote him next over Wolanin. Wolanin is turning 24 next week, while JBD only turns 19 at the end of June.

Last edited:

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
The list is pretty bad so far. I'd wager it's only going to get worse.

I don't think it's that bad, I mean how different could you have it?

1- Thomas Chabot
2- Brady Tkachuk
3- Erik Brännström
4- Drake Batherson
5- Colin White
6- Logan Brown

I'd have it Chabot-Tkachuk-Batherson-Brännström-Brown-Bernard-Docker-White

We can't forget how meaningful these rankings are. No sense in complaining about them.. Its all just fluff

Well it's not as meaningful as the millions posts of opinions/speculation/complaining about ownership, management, coaching and veteran players :sarcasm:

But yeah it's nothing too serious, the way I see it is we're trying to reach a concensus on who the Sens best assets are, so in a discussion with another team's fan, you can use that list and say "that's the order we value our guys". It's like the usual prospect pools, but including graduated guys under 25 y/o. I find it fun, those who don't shouldn't even open the threads.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad