Prospect Info: Under 25 y/o Sens Players Ranking #11

Who will be the 11th best among Sens players under 25 y/o?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Let's have a bit of fun and change our minds since most of our best players got sold. Let's rank the young guys that have a chance to stick around through this "rebuild". Let's vote by who we think end up the best "when all is said and done". All factors have to be taken into account (skill, skating, hockey sense, potential, certainty, leadership, physicality, etc)

Ask yourself this question :

Who among this pool of players would I draft BPA? It's basically an organizational RE-DRAFT of all players under 25 y/o. Who are our most important assets, in order?

Under 25 y/o Sens Players Ranking

1- Thomas Chabot (D) 91.7%
2- Brady Tkachuk (LW) 37.3%

3- Erik Brännström (D) 70.8%
4- Drake Batherson (RW) 70.8%

5- Colin White (C/RW) 48.1 %
6- Logan Brown (C) 67.4%
7- Christian Wolanin (D) 61.2% (Tie-Breaker)
8- Jacob Bernard-Docker (D) 40.6%
9- Josh Norris (C) 34.1%
10- Alex Formenton (LW) 28.8%
11-

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I think it's Tierney time. There is a drop-off in the prospect pool after #10, imo and while there are arguably players remaining with higher upside than CT, they also all have serious question marks.

Goalies are voodoo, which drops them down a bit for me. Looking at pure upside though you could argue we've got 3 guys that could/should go in the next 5-6 picks.

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
Balcers has been playing in the NHL as a 21 year old, and doing a good job. He has been getting good minutes under Crawford as well. I would not be surprised if he has more of an NHL impact than some of the players ahead of him in this poll.

Reactions: NB613

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
A stud 1st line center and a top pairing RHD ,is what this pool needs...Unfortunately these are the two most difficult to find,...

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Duclair again. He's the one with the most skill and upside among all these guys IMO. He's got game-breaking stuff, just needs to harness it.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I think Wolanin is overrated. He is closer in age as Duclair/Tierney than the 18-20 year old kids and way further along his development curve. I hope I am wrong but his curve is closer to Widenan's.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I think Wolanin is overrated. He is closer in age as Duclair/Tierney than the 18-20 year old kids and way further along his development curve. I hope I am wrong but his curve is closer to Widenan's.
overrated over who? I think ppl know that Chabot and Bransstrom have more potential but if you look at their development Wolanin has been improving every year and had a solid college career. He def has top 4 potential

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Paul, he's the 3rd player on the top line in Belleville & is at a PPG this season, proving he can put up pts. He's older & because of that probably has less potential but he can be a necessary complimentary player on any line. It's also much more likely he makes the NHL more so than some boom bust players people have ahead of him.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Wow there’s a lack of faith in many of these guys... Nick Paul, goalies, even Tierney over Balcers, Abramov, Duclair, even Jaros and Chlapik? I’d even throw Veronneau there

We don’t have any goalie that has clear starter potential; goalies stay big question marks until they can prove themselves at the highest level. 25 y/o Bishop dominating the AHL was acquired for a 2nd round pick by the Sens... it’s a mistake to vote any goalie we have this yet, IMO.

Concerning Tierney, I’ve talked about it enough already. Yes he has good point totals this year thanks to his hockey sense and the golden opportunity he’s getting this year; but don’t get surprised if he gets leapfrogged by younger and better talents in the next few years. His skillset is pretty average for NHL standards. He’s not going to end up the 11th best player on this list.

Paul... I like him, we like him but again, can’t see him being better than a bottom-6 forward at the NHL level. Let’s see if he can reach 30 pts first... younger Balcers is already at this pace with 12 mins per game... just better skillset

Edit : Crookshank is going to rise the rankings next year

Last edited:

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
I've been voting Abramov but Blacers seems to be getting better all the time. Went with him in this slot.

After Balcers I think the next tier is pretty broad. Tierney, Chlapik, Abramov, Balcers, Lajoie, Duclair could all have arguments made for them.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Shocking to me how anyone could vote for Balcers over Tierney and Jaros. He is so soft on the puck and loses so many 1 on 1 battles, I really think he should still be in the AHL.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Shocking to me how anyone could vote for Balcers over Tierney and Jaros. He is so soft on the puck and loses so many 1 on 1 battles, I really think he should still be in the AHL.

That's really not the impression I get. I mean he doesn't win all his battles but I've seen him steal pucks pretty adequately and keep possession. He looks very promising and might end up being MacArthur-lite for us imo.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I agree .. he has shown sporadic nice moves with the puck but his overall effectiveness is meh. I would not hesitate parceling him in a trade to get a piece we need.

Reactions: bert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
That's really not the impression I get. I mean he doesn't win all his battles but I've seen him steal pucks pretty adequately and keep possession. He looks very promising and might end up being MacArthur-lite for us imo.

MacArthur is one of the hardest players this team has had, I dont see any of that in Balcers. If you watch him close you will see he makes alot of soft plays. I think he could develop that part of the game and the AHL is a great place for it while he keeps his confidence up. At this point I dont believe the NHL is the place for that I think he should be sent down to Belleville especially now that they have fallen out of a playoff birth. I dont understand why he is up here at this point in his development, they should bring up someone to fill his spot and so he can get some playoff experience.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
Time for a goalie?
Yea, really hoping one of our goalies becomes one of our top 10 players.....

Guess this really shows the bias between more easily predictable/flashy skaters versus the mystery around goalies.

Probably doesn't help that their listed at the bottom of the poll but people should probably still be voting for them, I've voted for a goalie the past like 5 rounds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad