• Bast, L
  • Ferner (RPI portal)
  • Jandric (UAF portal)
  • Johnson
Goaltender:
  • Driscoll (BSU portal)
  • Hellsten
  • Johnson

I guess they'll run with a 15F-8D-4G roster (instead of the more common 15F-8D-3G).

Reactions: JMCx4

Interior Cascadian

Apr 2, 2007
Olympia, WA
I hope he does well too as many fans are already saying this was a bad hire. Come on at least give him a chance
Completely agree. He didn’t get a fair look with what he inherited in Philly, and those who know always cite how cerebral he is. I’m betting he learned quite a bit going from Grand Forks to Philly and Toronto.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dakota Sioux

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Thirteen of the 27 players will be new.
In some cases, adjusting to new players in new jersey numbers will be easy. For example, incoming freshman forward Jake Schmaltz will be wearing No. 8, just as his older cousin, Nick, did for two seasons at UND.
In other cases, it won't be so simple. Freshman defenseman Luke Bast will not slide into his older brother Gabe's old No. 2 jersey. Luke will instead wear No. 24.
The 2021-22 UND hockey team has handed out jersey numbers to all 13 newcomers, and fans can start trying to learn them with less than three months to go until the season-opening exhibition game against the University of Manitoba.
The goaltenders will wear fairly routine numbers. Senior transfer Zach Driscoll will wear No. 33 as he did at Bemidji State, while rookie Kaleb Johnson will wear No. 1 and freshman Jakob Hellsten will don No. 32.
Up front, Schmaltz will wear No. 8, while Ashton Calder is No. 16, Matteo Costantini is No. 18, Nick Portz is No. 20, Connor Ford is No. 21 and Jackson Kunz is No. 29.
On defense, Bast will wear No. 24, while Brady Ferner is No. 2, Brent Johnson is No. 6 and Chris Jandric is No. 7.
None of the 14 returning players are changing numbers.
UND sets 2021-22 hockey roster; 13 newcomers get their jersey number assignments | Grand Forks Herald

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Appeals panel revives North Dakota women’s hockey lawsuit

By DAVE KOLPACK
yesterday (10 August 2021)

FARGO, N.D. (AP) — An effort by 11 former University of North Dakota women’s hockey players to bring back the program that was dropped in 2017 got new life on Tuesday when the 8th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals revived the players’ lawsuit.

The original complaint alleged that when the Grand Forks school dropped hockey it violated Title IX laws that prohibit women from being treated differently because of gender. U.S. District Judge Daniel Hovland said the suit did not show a “substantial disproportionality” between men’s and women’s athletic opportunities in relation to the respective enrollments of men and women.

The players appealed in October and a three-judge panel ruled that the athletes may be able to state an actionable Title IX claim and have the case sent back to district court. ...

Read more at: Appeals panel revives North Dakota women's hockey lawsuit

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
It's booked: UND hockey is headed back to Vegas | Grand Forks Herald

This time, the Fighting Hawks are doing it big.
Close to four years after UND played Minnesota in a raucous, sold-out game in the 7,500-seat Orleans Arena, the Fighting Hawks will return to Vegas and play at T-Mobile Arena, the 17,500-seat home of the NHL's Golden Knights.
UND will play Arizona State on Oct. 29, 2022 in the U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame Game. The game time is tentatively set for 7:07 p.m.
It will be the first-ever meeting between the programs.

Reactions: Interior Cascadian

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
More than six hours into the epic UND-Minnesota Duluth game in last season's NCAA tournament, Jake Sanderson looked fresh

He was still wheeling around defenders, zipping through them and generating scoring chances with the same frequency as he did in the game's opening period.
To anyone who witnessed his endurance and athleticism on that March night, this will be no surprise: Sanderson won the UND men's hockey team's annual Iron Man competition this fall.
The Iron Man is a series of nine tests that rate each player's strength and endurance.
Sanderson is the first sophomore to win it since Colton Poolman in 2017.

Jake Sanderson wins UND's Iron Man competition | Grand Forks Herald

Reactions: Interior Cascadian

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Very entertaining video piece, @Dakota Sioux. For future hockey travels reference: Is it, like, impossible to get weekend game tickets @ REA? The Ralph is high on my bucket list, but the prospect of planning a visit with just a slim chance of getting in has held me back. :allears:

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Very entertaining video piece, @Dakota Sioux. For future hockey travels reference: Is it, like, impossible to get weekend game tickets @ REA? The Ralph is high on my bucket list, but the prospect of planning a visit with just a slim chance of getting in has held me back. :allears:
Let me know if you need tics. I’ve got a handful of connections

Reactions: JMCx4

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->