Ok, tear me apart....lol

Unbiased Canadian

I thought Matt Corrente is Canadian?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ego

Mar 15, 2002
Slovakia
Visit site
Tomas Marcinko is Slovak not Czech. I have only seen Mueller at one tournament, but he looked great. He is expected to be in top 5. He is better than Tlusty.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
La-La-Laprise said:
Marchand is a good player with good skills but he isnt the type to lead a line. More like a nice compliment on the wing.

Obviously Sheppard is the better NHL prospect, but in that tournament, Marchand was second in tourney points.

Marchand is a centreman, and will be a big part of the Moncton offence next year, and will be the main cog in it in 2006-07 when he's 18-19.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
pei fan said:
I think Johnson is the consensus # 2.I haven't really seen much of him but I've seen Brule and he's pretty darn good.You know what,it's possible (not neccessarily
probable)that they may all go at the same time.

Hey lala ,you guys start the FIRE MACADAM campaign yet? :D
Yea....fire him after a 3 - 0 start ;) Or is it 4.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Jason MacIsaac said:
Yea....fire him after a 3 - 0 start ;) Or is it 4.
Including a nice win over the Wildcats(note.-without Crawford though).
My comment was in reference to every second week on the mooseheads board
there seemed to be a post to fire the coach.Also some posters were questioning
MacAdams qualifications.It seemed odd to me,as I think he is as qualified or
moreso than most of the coaches in the Q.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
pei fan said:
Hell.....As an Eagles fan I would take anything over Vincent even with the team playing decent. Gives us the scraps from the moosehead for all I care.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
There is talk Mackenzie will go to Saint John.Will the Moose keep there asst.'s?

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
pei fan said:
I think Johnson is the consensus # 2.I haven't really seen much of him but I've seen Brule and he's pretty darn good.You know what,it's possible (not neccessarily
probable)that they may all go at the same time.

Hey lala ,you guys start the FIRE MACADAM campaign yet? :D

I dont really think there is a consensus #2 for 2005. If you took a poll of scouts it would be pretty even...maybe 60% Brule, 40% Johnson.

Naw MacAdam has won his first 3 games...lol

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Matt MacInnis said:
Obviously Sheppard is the better NHL prospect, but in that tournament, Marchand was second in tourney points.

Marchand is a centreman, and will be a big part of the Moncton offence next year, and will be the main cog in it in 2006-07 when he's 18-19.

I prefer Brad at wing. He is good along the boards. Watched him a lot on Midget last year...he seemed to work better as a winger.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
pei fan said:

He has never coached JR Hockey though. The pro's and junior are 2 completley different things to coach.

He has a veteran team right now so there is more of a pro feel but i still question his player development skills. Next year when half the team is 17 we will truly see what he can offer the Mooseheads.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
HabLover said:
I thought Matt Corrente is Canadian?
I think he's from Missisauga. I've seen Corrente a bit and aside form his physical play (scrappy defender), he doesn't stand out much. I haven't seen Ben Shutron as much, but all reports are he's a real standout defenceman and has huge upside. I don't think many people would rate Corrente ahead of Shuton at this point.

czechhockeyfan

Mar 8, 2003
Czech republic
Visit site
X-SHARKIE said:
Solid list, but Jiri Tlusty has been known for aloong time by ISS and they have the same things to say. He sure does sound like the real deal. #9 is the highest i've seen him at though.

Mueller is a lot better then you give him credit for, I've seen this guy do things that scream franchise player, he'll also be your captain. Perfect combo of skill, size, smarts, for the #1 center role on your team...He'll be a top 5 pick.

I really like Staal as well, he's not as skilled as Eric but he plays a much more physical game and uses his hulking frame to his advantage.

Toews is way to low though, Marcinko is pushing for a top 10 pick.

Good call on Johnson but Strait is another very talented kid.

I can't waite to see the Championship game for my self to see Toews and Maxwell.

Good work!

Tlusty is definitely excellent prospect but he is too high. I would even put another two Czech in front of him. Late 87 born center Ondrej Fiala and small center David Kveton. Kveton didn´t play in Lethbridge, he is one of the better forward on Czech U-18 team as a underager.

cvandenberg

Oct 19, 2003
leland irving

How can you guys forget about Leland Irving of Everett (WHL). The kid is phenomenal and was the only bright spot for Team Pacific in the Final. He was steady the whole U-17s and has outplayed any other 06 eligible goalie in the CHL this year, save for Butler. He is significantly better than Bernier, who is said to be over-rated.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
cvandenberg said:
How can you guys forget about Leland Irving of Everett (WHL). The kid is phenomenal and was the only bright spot for Team Pacific in the Final. He was steady the whole U-17s and has outplayed any other 06 eligible goalie in the CHL this year, save for Butler. He is significantly better than Bernier, who is said to be over-rated.

Bernier had a bad Tournement but this kid is very good. Irivng looked good in the finals so i cant really comment on him a whole lot.

I wouldnt call Bernier over-rated...i felt he was in QMJHL circles because 2004 was a weak year for goalies, but bottomline i think he will be the 1st goalie picked in 05.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
La-La-Laprise said:
I prefer Brad at wing. He is good along the boards. Watched him a lot on Midget last year...he seemed to work better as a winger.

Right now he's way too small to be an effective winger at the Q level, furthermore professionally. That said, he's just 16 (maybe recently turned 17, I forget his birthdday) and is still growing. Either way, I disagree, I think he's much better at centre. He thrives with the puck on his stick, and doesn't really have a goal scorers shot right now.

I don't know, either way he's a pretty decent player. He's no Sheppard, but he'll get the job done at 18-19.

Rocky Saginuts

Jul 21, 2004
Hamildump, Ontario
The list seems fairly light on Canadians, which is strange after the U17 domination. Was that just a case of a lot of CDN depth, with few bright lights - or is that tourney just not a good place to evaluate the next crop?

Just a general question as I have not seen many of the prospects listed.

PuckFan01

Apr 14, 2002
Visit site
Okposo has committed to play college at Minnesota. Wow, they are looking like they are going to be stacked with talent in the next few years. :bow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->